Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving from NZ to UK after 6 years....

Moving from NZ to UK after 6 years....

Old Aug 20th 2012, 9:58 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from NZ to UK after 6 years....

Originally Posted by Ray and Debbie
Yup. Feeling more positive about life these days.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 2:53 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
You know without even meeting you I'd bet my last dollar its NOT you! I have been on here for a while now and have had this conversation before, one lady even told me she actually had learnt to 'like' herself again after returning from Canada because she had no friends there and thought she must be a boring person, poor love! Honestly, I just don't get it and you know I'm so tired of gritting my teeth and being grateful for any invite that gets thrown my way lol! I've just spent 2 weeks staying on the Gold Coast and it was so great to catch up with my friends - one a married mum of 2, one a single guy and the others a couple. They are all English and it was so nice to feel 'normal' again, laughing, joking and just [I]belonging[I]. I was supposed to go home in Nov but my horrible boss left and, seeing as I earn such good money here, (I work remote) I'm trying to stick it out for a bit longer so I can have a bit of breathing space when I return. I'm hoping to be self employed when I go back, should be ok but have to get a foot in the door first so to speak Good luck with your plans, I'll be on the lookout for your updates!
Thanks good luck to you too! Good plan you have, then you can relax a bit when you get back! x
Old Aug 31st 2012, 2:54 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nelsonpom
Thanks good luck to you too! Good plan you have, then you can relax a bit when you get back! x
Oops im logged in as my husband!
Old Aug 31st 2012, 9:06 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers!
Old Aug 31st 2012, 9:06 am
Practical Paramedic

Oops im logged in as my husband!
Lol!
Old Aug 31st 2012, 1:55 pm
is finally happy

Tel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to behold

I hope everything turns out okay for you! Wishing you the best of luck times 1000!!!! I can completely relate to the anxiety of all the 'what ifs' and the not sleeping. I'm leaving this Friday and I don't even bother to go to bed early anymore. Fingers crossed that your hubby is able to find a job- we heard all about the economic situation from family over there as well, but just because it's hard doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible. Good luck good luck good luck- and please post updates once you get back!
Old Sep 1st 2012, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

pommychic has a brilliant futurepommychic has a brilliant futurepommychic has a brilliant futurepommychic has a brilliant futurepommychic has a brilliant futurepommychic has a brilliant futurepommychic has a brilliant futurepommychic has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Tel8;10256949]I hope everything turns out okay for you! Wishing you the best of luck times 1000!!!! I can completely relate to the anxiety of all the 'what ifs' and the..

Hi Update is that I have been back in England for a week now.. To be honest I am still getting over the jet lag which is one of the reasons why I haven't been on this forum.. The other things are down to just being flat out with getting everything organised. My first impression was that the town I live in needs a hell of a lot of money injecting into it.. It's tired and very run down. Everybody I have met has told me that I must have been mad to give up a life in NZ to come to this "hell hole." how little they know! How disillusioned to think that flying to the **** end of the world is the answer! It makes me laugh because if you were to say to them " right well in that case, here is a ticket to NZ, you go and live there then" they would say " oh no, I couldn't live all that way away"

Upshot is, I am taking one day at a time and thinking that things can only go one way. At least I have friends and family around me, which is why I came back. Home is where the heart is, not the scenery.
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 1:04 am
is finally happy

Tel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=pommychic;10259224]
Originally Posted by Tel8
I hope everything turns out okay for you! Wishing you the best of luck times 1000!!!! I can completely relate to the anxiety of all the 'what ifs' and the..

Hi Update is that I have been back in England for a week now.. To be honest I am still getting over the jet lag which is one of the reasons why I haven't been on this forum.. The other things are down to just being flat out with getting everything organised. My first impression was that the town I live in needs a hell of a lot of money injecting into it.. It's tired and very run down. Everybody I have met has told me that I must have been mad to give up a life in NZ to come to this "hell hole." how little they know! How disillusioned to think that flying to the **** end of the world is the answer! It makes me laugh because if you were to say to them " right well in that case, here is a ticket to NZ, you go and live there then" they would say " oh no, I couldn't live all that way away"

Upshot is, I am taking one day at a time and thinking that things can only go one way. At least I have friends and family around me, which is why I came back. Home is where the heart is, not the scenery.
I'm dreading the 'why come here' comments from family and friends! Still, it's so good to know that the people you care about are waiting for you when you get back. And you're very right- the grass is always greener I suppose! Wishing you a speedy recovery from the jet lag!
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Tel8;10259324]
Originally Posted by pommychic

I'm dreading the 'why come here' comments from family and friends! Still, it's so good to know that the people you care about are waiting for you when you get back. And you're very right- the grass is always greener I suppose! Wishing you a speedy recovery from the jet lag!
No one has said this to me at all and I have been back 3 months. I always jump right in with how glad I am to be back in UK though and they always look pleased/relieved when I say this.

Actually if they get in before me, often strangers say 'what's it like being back?' rather than 'why on earth did you come back?'
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 3:30 pm
Banned

tweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud oftweetweet has much to be proud of

there are some good empty beaches in uk, they are not as clean or all as empty as the ones in nz. but the beaches are there and there are jobs in such places too.