Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving from NZ back home to the UK

Moving from NZ back home to the UK

Old Aug 13th 2012, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

NZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really nice
Default Moving from NZ back home to the UK

Hi All

Just wanted to introduce myself to this side of BE as I normally read the NZ forum and I do lurk here.

We have finally decided that after nearly 6 years (next year) we have decided to move back home to the UK about this time next year.

Many reasons why, also a lot of reasons to stay but our heart is back home.

I also wanted to ask honest opinions of how it is back home, we are from Berkshire area and will be looking to move back there with possibility of London if required for work.

Thanks and hello

G & A
Old Aug 13th 2012, 1:20 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from NZ back home to the UK

Good luck. We lived in Surrey prior to relocating to NZ in February of last year. These type of threads spark my interest more than most others in this section. I would return to Surrey but wouldn't rule out other parts of South East England. Even as far afield from Surrey as Warwickshire, Hay on Wye, Worcestershire, basically central England to the south coast.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

NZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray and Debbie
Good luck. We lived in Surrey prior to relocating to NZ in February of last year. These type of threads spark my interest more than most others in this section. I would return to Surrey but wouldn't rule out other parts of South East England. Even as far afield from Surrey as Warwickshire, Hay on Wye, Worcestershire, basically central England to the south coast.
Thanks Ray & Debbie

Will check Surrey out. We love the South but may take a look into the coast too

You happy here in NZ?
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NZ4Now
Thanks Ray & Debbie

Will check Surrey out. We love the South but may take a look into the coast too

You happy here in NZ?
Hi,

After 6 years here this November we are also off.

We are from mthe Midlands but are heading North somewhere completly different.

My OH is already there and so far so good, loves everything about it.

Good luck with your move.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Hi,

After 6 years here this November we are also off.

We are from mthe Midlands but are heading North somewhere completly different.

My OH is already there and so far so good, loves everything about it.

Good luck with your move.
Hiya

Thanks for the reply and good to hear OH is liking being back home!

Just feels like the time is right for us looking forward to enjoying last summer here then off we go! When do you leave?

Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

Thanks for the reply and good to hear OH is liking being back home!

Just feels like the time is right for us looking forward to enjoying last summer here then off we go! When do you leave?

Hi,

I go at the end of November. I can't wait for a proper christmas. So much to sort out before then but hopefully a fun trip home.

Carole
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Hi,

I go at the end of November. I can't wait for a proper christmas. So much to sort out before then but hopefully a fun trip home.

Carole
Woohoo not long for you and very jealous of your winter Xmas

Look forward to reading your update.

Georgina
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Homeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Just wanted to introduce myself to this side of BE as I normally read the NZ forum and I do lurk here.

We have finally decided that after nearly 6 years (next year) we have decided to move back home to the UK about this time next year.

Many reasons why, also a lot of reasons to stay but our heart is back home.

I also wanted to ask honest opinions of how it is back home, we are from Berkshire area and will be looking to move back there with possibility of London if required for work.

Thanks and hello

G & A
Hi NZ4Now

I left Lincolnshire only last year, DH, DS10 and DD8, we are now in the US.

What I can tell you is that I left a lovely small town, kids had good education, very safe, clear area, DH had good job, lovely friends and a very happy life.

We only left because of my husbands job and will be returning in two years.

This is my experience of the UK, but so much depends on individual circumstances such as location and job.

There are areas in the UK were I wouldn't want to live, schools I wouldn't want to send a dog to and jobs people hate with a passion. This could be said about most countries.

Its not all doom and gloom like some people say, but just as much its not perfect either.

I would say do as much research as possible, ask as many questions as you can. There are a number of people on here who have recently arrived back in the UK, some only the other day.

From what I have read on here (not from experience) it appears that the right job and location is the key to it working for most. It figures that if you can get the basics sorted then the rest is how you make it.

Good luck with your move
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Homeiswheretheheartis
Hi NZ4Now

I left Lincolnshire only last year, DH, DS10 and DD8, we are now in the US.

What I can tell you is that I left a lovely small town, kids had good education, very safe, clear area, DH had good job, lovely friends and a very happy life.

We only left because of my husbands job and will be returning in two years.

This is my experience of the UK, but so much depends on individual circumstances such as location and job.

There are areas in the UK were I wouldn't want to live, schools I wouldn't want to send a dog to and jobs people hate with a passion. This could be said about most countries.

Its not all doom and gloom like some people say, but just as much its not perfect either.

I would say do as much research as possible, ask as many questions as you can. There are a number of people on here who have recently arrived back in the UK, some only the other day.

From what I have read on here (not from experience) it appears that the right job and location is the key to it working for most. It figures that if you can get the basics sorted then the rest is how you make it.

Good luck with your move
Thanks for your honest reply much appreciated

Good luck when you finally return home.

Thanks again
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi NZ4now
we are the same as you and also in Auckland I envy Spackcake infact as she lives down the road I am going to hop in her suitcase when she is not looking sssh! I would love xmas in the Northern hemisphere just the waiting game with us
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by janeyk
Hi NZ4now
we are the same as you and also in Auckland I envy Spackcake infact as she lives down the road I am going to hop in her suitcase when she is not looking sssh! I would love xmas in the Northern hemisphere just the waiting game with us
Hi Jayne

Think we know someone mutal Fiona from WLG?

Anyway did you go back to the UK then ping pong back? How come you want to return?

Thanks, Georgina
Old Aug 13th 2012, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

I am moving back at the end of Aug from Canada to UK after nearly 4 yrs.

We were in Warwickshire but heading down to West Sussex for work purposes and a change. I totally understand and can relate to why people want to return, I certainly won't take the UK for granted again. My friends and family think I am returning in Oct but are going to be very surprised when I land on the doorstop in August.

Good luck everyone.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by janeyk
Hi NZ4now
Hi Jane,

Carry on passengers welcome, although going back via New York so Im not sure you will still fit in my bag by the time we have finished.
When are you hoping to be back by?

Carole
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:40 pm
Banned

lfcfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Georgina...

We need to catch up for a beer to hear your news...

Ria
Old Aug 13th 2012, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Back2UK
I am moving back at the end of Aug from Canada to UK after nearly 4 yrs.

We were in Warwickshire but heading down to West Sussex for work purposes and a change. I totally understand and can relate to why people want to return, I certainly won't take the UK for granted again. My friends and family think I am returning in Oct but are going to be very surprised when I land on the doorstop in August.

Good luck everyone.
Oooh your family will be super surprised can't want to read how you are getting on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.