Moving my Fiance to USA

Old Nov 22nd 2001, 11:41 am
Channing R Lewis

I recently got engaged to an Australian girl. Searxhing from her end, she says she
found a visa allowing her to stay up to 9 months in the US prior to marriage. But
from looking at the K Visa, it looks like it's only 3 months?

Please advise of options and how long it takes to aquire these visas.

Old Nov 22nd 2001, 12:15 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Channing R Lewis wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

The fiance visa is only for 90 days. She can also travel on visa waiver for 90 days.
However, the most expedient way to get her to the US, fully adjusted to conditional
permanent resident, is for you to go to Oz and marry her and apply directly at the
consulate there for a spouse visa. If she does preparation on her end ahead of time,
she may actually get the visa the same day you file. Find info at the Doc Steen site
at the "DCF: Which Visa" link. Be sure to also check the 'experiences' link in that
section for a page on Australia with helpful hints and tips.

Alvena
-----------------------
Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
posted for the purpose of discussion only. Locate an immigration attorney in your
area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Nov 23rd 2001, 1:48 pm
Michael Voight

Channing R Lewis wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

maybe she confused 90 days with 9 months

Old Nov 23rd 2001, 7:41 pm
Di Martin

I am from Australia currently .....very patiently (well sometimes) waiting for my K1
visa. Although I have not researched it I very much doubt you can do that. There are
all types of visa's allowing different "stay times" but the fiancee one is definitely
90 days as is the visa waiver!! The alternative is for you to come to Australia get
married and do the DCF thing in my case that was not a possibility unfortunately!! If
what she said is true please find out the site address and post it !!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >