Moving to London

Old Apr 15th 2020, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

a351386 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to London

Hello, I am moving to London (Once the Covidd-19 is over) and need some advice. I am Arab so apologies if my english is incorrect.

As I said I am Arab-Muslim. I have small family coming with me (wife and 2 children). I was due to move to london for work in March but due to covid this has been delayed. I am looking to buy/rent a property in Central London as near to City as possible. I would like to stay in Zone 1 area.

Schools- looking for both primary and secondary schools nearby- private/state school is fine.
Concerns- I have a beard and my wife wears headscarves so are we likely to get abused?
Budget- There is no budget-money isnt a concern thankfully. I am looking to rent at first and if i like the area I will probably buy. I would prefer to stay in a flat rather than a house due to it being more secure. looking at 3/4 bedrooms
Area- I have been looking at apartments near Temple station and at a new building south of the river at the end of Blackfriars bridge- does anyone know the area is it any good? also is crime in the area high?

btw I am not looking to live near other arabs so places like knightsbridge or Edgware road isnt somewhere I would live.
Old Apr 20th 2020, 10:30 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to London

Originally Posted by a351386
Hello, I am moving to London (Once the Covidd-19 is over) and need some advice. I am Arab so apologies if my english is incorrect.

As I said I am Arab-Muslim. I have small family coming with me (wife and 2 children). I was due to move to london for work in March but due to covid this has been delayed. I am looking to buy/rent a property in Central London as near to City as possible. I would like to stay in Zone 1 area.

Schools- looking for both primary and secondary schools nearby- private/state school is fine.
Concerns- I have a beard and my wife wears headscarves so are we likely to get abused?
Budget- There is no budget-money isnt a concern thankfully. I am looking to rent at first and if i like the area I will probably buy. I would prefer to stay in a flat rather than a house due to it being more secure. looking at 3/4 bedrooms
Area- I have been looking at apartments near Temple station and at a new building south of the river at the end of Blackfriars bridge- does anyone know the area is it any good? also is crime in the area high?

btw I am not looking to live near other arabs so places like knightsbridge or Edgware road isnt somewhere I would live.
Unlikely, London is a very multicultural city, around 40% of "Londoners" were not born in the UK, another large percentage were born in the UK to foreign parents.

The UK is around 5% Muslim with London having the largest number.

Crime - they are expensive areas, but as they are central there will be the usual city crime - have a look at the data https://data.police.uk/

Good luck, it will be a great place to live.