Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving Giant Dog and Cat from Utah to UK

Moving Giant Dog and Cat from Utah to UK

Old Sep 27th 2021, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

lobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to behold
Question Moving Giant Dog and Cat from Utah to UK

Hi Everyone! My husband and I are wanting to move back to London after a wonderful 10 year stint here in the states. We will be brining along our 1 year old Leonberger, who is a giant dog ~130 lbs, and our 8 year old cat.

I am getting extremely stressed about the process of bringing our animals to the UK. We can only bring them via Cargo on the plane, or book on the Queen Mary 2 ship sometime in 2023 (kennels are booked for 2022).
  1. Has anyone traveled back to the UK with a giant dog breed?
  2. What was your flight time like?
  3. Does anyone have recommendations of pet travel companies? Are they worth it?
  4. What are the best airlines for animal cargo travel?
I've read so many horror stories of animals dying in the cargo, and am looking for personal accounts of transaltlantic pet travel.

Thank you!
Old Sep 28th 2021, 12:10 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Giant Dog and Cat from Utah to UK

Link to arecent relevant thread with significant overlap
Shipping a pet USA to UK without using a pet shipper
Old Sep 28th 2021, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Giant Dog and Cat from Utah to UK

We have the exact opposite in a chihuahua, but we did fly him in the cargo hold all the way from Australia. He is also very nervous and has serious health conditions. He was fine. Just slightly jet lagged.

I strongly recommend using a proffessional pet shipper. We used Dogtainers. I know they operate in a number of countries.