Moving foreign Covid vax record to UK/NHS

Moving foreign Covid vax record to UK/NHS

Old Dec 16th 2021, 10:57 am
vh3
Forum Regular

vh3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving foreign Covid vax record to UK/NHS

Originally Posted by durham_lad
I don’t know if I ever revealed the results of the trial we were on. It was ended early, in October, so that participants could get a booster.

Turns out both my wife and I had Novavax as our 2nd dose and that combination provided a “more robust” immune response than 2 AZ doses. (Our first dose had been AZ). On November 9th we went back for a final visit to give more samples and get a Pfizer jab. Next day our Covid passes, domestic and international, both showed us fully vaccinated!!

The results of the trial showed that there were no significant side effects with any combination and all provide good protection against Covid. (Delta). Novavax had fewest side effects and if ever fully licenced would be a good option for use with young children. It is also very easy to store and transport​​​​​, no freezing required, so will be an excellent choice for countries with hard to reach locations. It is already authorized for use in some countries.

here are the full results, published 6th December, from the trial we participated in

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-12-06...wing-pfizer-or
Thank you for sharing this information. We have AstraZeneca followed by 2 doses of Pfizer so fingers crossed.