Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving foreign Covid vax record to UK/NHS

Moving foreign Covid vax record to UK/NHS

Old Jun 18th 2021, 6:06 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving foreign Covid vax record to UK/NHS

I'm based in the UK but spend a lot of time in the US and got vaccinated there. I have my little vaccination card but have not yet found a way of transferring this to my NHS records.

There seems to be a lot of talk about some kind of NHS vaccination record being necessary to visit places like theatres, sporting events, travel etc.

Just wondering how this is going to work for returning expats, tourists etc who were vaccinated outside the UK.
Old Jun 18th 2021, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving foreign Covid vax record to UK/NHS

This is a tough one because they still haven’t figured out how to transfer the records to the NHS for thousands of us in vaccine trials here in the UK. For example, my wife and I have received a 2nd vaccine through the mixed vaccines trial but that 2nd vaccination is not in our NHS record so the electronic vaccination record on our NHS app only shows 1 vaccine dose. We have been issued letters to use in place of an electronic vaccination record. Not quite the same and easily forged.
Old Jun 21st 2021, 4:17 pm
vh3
Forum Regular

vh3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Durham lad, interesting that you received a second dose via a trial. My hubby and I are also mix and matching vaccines (we get our second on Friday) therefore we are eagerly awaiting the outcome of this trial. Did they ever tell you which one you reeived?
Old Jun 21st 2021, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vh3
Durham lad, interesting that you received a second dose via a trial. My hubby and I are also mix and matching vaccines (we get our second on Friday) therefore we are eagerly awaiting the outcome of this trial. Did they ever tell you which one you reeived?
The trial is double blinded (doctors and participants don’t know) so we won’t know until 10 months after receiving the 2nd dose, which was one of AstraZeneca (same as our first dose on Feb 23rd), Moderna or Novavax. We were told that if our immunity (antibodies and T-cells) dropped significantly that we would be unblinded. We completed a daily online diary for a month and tomorrow we go back for our 2nd blood test and interview.

We received the 2nd dose on April 20th and that is now recorded on our NHS record, but that can’t yet be recorded on the NHS app certificate probably because there is only 1 field for name of vaccine and 1 field for batch number.

The other half of the trial participants were those that had received Pfizer as their first dose and they also then received a dose of Pfizer, Novavax or Moderna.

By coincidence I was chosen at random for an ONS survey to take an antibody test as part of their periodic survey to determine the numbers of folks in the community that have Covid immunity. This was about 3 weeks after my unknown 2nd dose and I was pleased to see a very strong indication of the long lasting Covid antibodies. (The test looks for short term and long term Covid antibodies)

Last edited by durham_lad; Jun 21st 2021 at 6:24 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2021, 6:42 pm
vh3
Forum Regular

I am glad things are going well and let us know it progresses, please.
Old Jun 21st 2021, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vh3
I am glad things are going well and let us know it progresses, please.
I certainly will. The 10 months will be up in February.

preliminary data from the initial trial mixing Pfizer and AstraZenecca has encouraged other countries such as Canada to press ahead with mixed vaccines.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canad...naci-1.6048152

Old Jun 21st 2021, 7:00 pm
vh3
Forum Regular

Yes, we are currently in Canada and keeping our fingers crossed all goes well. You will be my inspiration.
Old Jun 21st 2021, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vh3
Yes, we are currently in Canada and keeping our fingers crossed all goes well. You will be my inspiration.
Thank you, I am honored
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

countrygirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just did this . I had two Moderna vaccines in the States and have just moved back to UK.. I took my Covid card to local GP and she manually added it to my NHS record..
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by countrygirl33
I just did this . I had two Moderna vaccines in the States and have just moved back to UK.. I took my Covid card to local GP and she manually added it to my NHS record..
Excellent, that is good to know.
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

getoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond repute

I have had the 2 Astra Zen shots and still alive! Heading back to the UK from Canada on July 18th to retire. Hoping they will relax the 10 day quarantine requirement for people who have had the 2 shots from Amber Countries. The UK's traffic light system seems a bit screwed up. In Britains case with the current number of COVID cases it would be a red country by their own standards! We have very few cases in BC and even less on VI.
Old Jun 24th 2021, 3:49 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

thats great, Countrygirl!

Please can you give me some more details. What reason did you give to get an appointment with your GP. They seem to be really difficult to get these days and receptionists try to book only telephone appointments whenever possible.

Also, does the manually updated record show up on the NHS app? As I understand it is this which will be crucial to prove vaccination status. Or were you given some other official documentation to show if necessary, eg for travel?

thanks again 😀
Old Jun 24th 2021, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Elivira, I have a medical issue and explained I'd just moved back and needed to see doctor. It was not a problem . I registered on NHS GP website and the vaccines show there . I haven't downloaded the app , but am assuming that they will show there too.,
Old Jun 24th 2021, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elivira, I have a medical issue and explained I'd just moved back and needed to see doctor. It was not a problem . I registered on NHS GP website and the vaccines show there . I haven't downloaded the app , but am assuming that they will show there too.,
If you download the app, not only will they show there but you will also have a vaccine e-certificate with a scanable QR code.
Old Jun 24th 2021, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by durham_lad
If you download the app, not only will they show there but you will also have a vaccine e-certificate with a scanable QR code.
Ok , thanks I will try.. I have an old NHS number from 40 yrs ago. I'm waiting for a new NHS number., Anyone know how long that takes? I'm assuming I will need the new number to access the NHS app..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.