Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving a dog Melbourne to uk

Moving a dog Melbourne to uk

Old Oct 4th 2016, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about
Default Moving a dog Melbourne to uk

I have sent off asking for quotes for our golden retriever to be moved Melbourne to UK. I have sent emails to jetpets and dogtainers.

Has anyone had experience of the above.

Thank you.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving a dog Melbourne to uk

We used dogtainers in May and were very happy with them. We flew Perth to Heathrow and were very worried about him as he had 12 hours between dropped off at their office and flying. We had thoughts of him being locked in his crate. But, they sent us emails through the day with pictures of him enjoying himself, having cuddles and walks and generally being fussed over.

I have to say the staff at the ARC Heathrow were also excellent. When it was his time to come out - you will be waiting a while - they came to ask for his lead, but, when he appeared he was being carried and the staff member said he was carrying him because he wanted a last cuddle.

One tip is that they do get jet lag! Ours was a bit confused and sleepy for a few days.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about

Thank you. That's great to know. It is a worry. I've just had a quote through from dogtainers & they seem very efficient. I'm worried she will be sitting in her toilets for hours on end, what happens to that?
Old Oct 5th 2016, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iainandsam
Thank you. That's great to know. It is a worry. I've just had a quote through from dogtainers & they seem very efficient. I'm worried she will be sitting in her toilets for hours on end, what happens to that?
They are not fed for a period prior to flying - I think it is 10 hours and are walked regularly prior so that b the time they get on, the shouldn't need to go. Then they are fed at the stopover, though ours couldn't as he needs medication when he eats, so just had to go without, though they have unlimited water. They are also able to go to the toilet when they have the stop over, in fact Emirates insist on a 4 hour layover so the dog can rest and be able to go toilets. Our little one came out of the ARC wanting to go and they have a little grassed area outside specially for it. He was also pretty hungry. But, really, it is only the same as a night time length that they have to wait - our fella goes to sleep about 7.30 pm and gets up at 7.30am and his flight was 11 hours and then 8 hours, so not unusual for them.
Old Nov 20th 2016, 12:08 am
Just Joined

niki723 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used AeroPets to transport my cocker spaniel from Australia to the US. They were about $600 cheaper than Jetpets (I don't think I contacted dogtainer), but they didn't give me the updates when he was travelling that I was promised and I wasn't very impressed with their customer service. Since he was catching 3 flights to get to me in Atlanta, this was a concern for me.