Moving Cats to UK

Old Jun 21st 2022, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

xbritto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving Cats to UK

So we have quite a zoo of animals to move abroad, we have 2 dogs and 3 cats.

I believe we have transport secured for our two dogs.

We are looking to send our cats in cargo, hoping to find a direct flight from North Carolina to London.

Does anyone know if someone else, family or a transport company can collect our cats for us?

Or is it only the owners allowed to collect them?

Thank you so much!
Old Jun 22nd 2022, 12:19 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Cats to UK

Originally Posted by xbritto
So we have quite a zoo of animals to move abroad, we have 2 dogs and 3 cats.

I believe we have transport secured for our two dogs.

We are looking to send our cats in cargo, hoping to find a direct flight from North Carolina to London.

Does anyone know if someone else, family or a transport company can collect our cats for us?

Or is it only the owners allowed to collect them?

Thank you so much!

If you mean collect them from Heathrow once they have passed all their inspections and customs, I do know that someone else can pick them up but I don't know if anyone else can pick them up. For incoming animals from the US, the UK requires the use of an agent to get them through customs and animal inspection on the UK side. You, the consignee on the paperwork, can pick them up from there when they are ready, several hours later, once your agent notifies you that they are ready. In my case, we did not pick up, the agent I used also arranged transport/delivery to where we were staying and they used a third party to do that, so yes, at least if you are doing it that way then that is allowed. It was still my name as consignee. What I don't know is if any random person you designate can pick them up. Since you will need an agent anyway, coming from the US, I would ask them this question as well as/or the Heathrow Animal Reception Centre. The HARC was very responsive in my case. The agent I used was JCSLivestock, who were also very responsive and helpful.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 23rd 2022, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

marigoldfairy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving Cats to UK

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
If you mean collect them from Heathrow once they have passed all their inspections and customs, I do know that someone else can pick them up but I don't know if anyone else can pick them up. For incoming animals from the US, the UK requires the use of an agent to get them through customs and animal inspection on the UK side. You, the consignee on the paperwork, can pick them up from there when they are ready, several hours later, once your agent notifies you that they are ready. In my case, we did not pick up, the agent I used also arranged transport/delivery to where we were staying and they used a third party to do that, so yes, at least if you are doing it that way then that is allowed. It was still my name as consignee. What I don't know is if any random person you designate can pick them up. Since you will need an agent anyway, coming from the US, I would ask them this question as well as/or the Heathrow Animal Reception Centre. The HARC was very responsive in my case. The agent I used was JCSLivestock, who were also very responsive and helpful.

Hope this helps.
same, JCS organised for the cats to be ‘chauffeured’ to our house, and it worked out much cheaper than driving back to London to pick them up ourselves. They kept us up to date on everything.