Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to the uk with our Dog

Moving back to the uk with our Dog

Old Feb 26th 2010, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

john5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nice
Default Re: Moving back to the uk with our Dog

Originally Posted by Patzy
They are the Customs Clearance Agents for various airlines including BA at Heathrow and deal with all the paperwork etc. Their office is located inside the Animal Reception Centre. You can read about it here:

http://www.jamescargo.com/livestock_...rt/PTS_FAQ.htm
according to James Cargo a pet owner can't do the processing themselves, other posters seem to think this is not true, can anyone double confirm that an agent at the UK end is not essential???

ta!
Old Feb 26th 2010, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

we could not do it either end pick up our pooch yesterday from Heathrow MAF in NZ will not allow owers to do it so you have to use an agent I must say that was the smoothest part of our move.
Our dog arrived yesterday no hassle safe and well the staff at the animal reception area were great and very helpful and showed genuine love for animals!
I know $880 NZD had to be paid to James cargo by oiur agent in NZ we paid $3750 in total!
Old Feb 26th 2010, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janeyk
we could not do it either end pick up our pooch yesterday from Heathrow MAF in NZ will not allow owers to do it so you have to use an agent I must say that was the smoothest part of our move.
Our dog arrived yesterday no hassle safe and well the staff at the animal reception area were great and very helpful and showed genuine love for animals!
I know $880 NZD had to be paid to James cargo by oiur agent in NZ we paid $3750 in total!
I am glad to hear that information regarding James Cargo as that is who we will be using to move our two dogs from Halifax, Canada to Glasgow Scotland. Was very worried about this as the little one is just a year old Shits zu and the Siberian is 10 years old
Old Feb 27th 2010, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

john5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nice

I've been checking out various sources of info on this

British Airways has a very useful guide

http://www.baworldcargo.com/products...eanimals.shtml

here's what it says about agents (but presumably this means departures from UK)

Whilst British Airways World Cargo does not recommend a specific Pet Travel Agent you may wish to contact either your local Pet Travel Agent or one of the following who can make all the booking arrangements directly with British Airways World Cargo on your behalf.

Airpets Heathrow +44 (0) 1753 685571 www.airpets.com

Petair UK +44 (0) 1725 551124 www.petairuk.com

Par Air +44 (0) 1206 330332 www.parair.co.uk

Pinehawk Livestock Shippers +44 (0) 1223 290249

Whitelea Skydogs +44 (0) 1629 734000 www.skydogsco.uk
no sign of James cargo
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 1:35 am
Just Joined

Scottish Sue is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also thinking about relocating from the US to the UK with my wee lamb. Did BA allow you to have the dog in the cabin with you?
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

Patzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scottish Sue
I am also thinking about relocating from the US to the UK with my wee lamb. Did BA allow you to have the dog in the cabin with you?
No animal can fly into the UK in the cabin, it has to be cargo.

We are flying BA Atlanta to LHR on Thursday. The cost for my little dog (11lbs) on the same flight is $997.00. JCS Livestock, a division of James Cargo, as far as I am aware, are agents that work with various airlines such as BA. They handle the paperwork (particularly with regard to Customs), transport pet from the plane to the Animal Reception Centre etc etc.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:12 am
born to be mild

mazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nice

I've used BA within europe and found the service great.

Last edited by mazz1; Mar 4th 2010 at 12:45 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

leeds_sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

We have booked our dog with BA now, but they haven't given us a booking reference or anything to confirm she is on the flight. This doesn't seem right as when we brought her with Air Canada they gave us a booking reference. Did anyone find this was the same when they used BA?
Old Apr 11th 2010, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

welshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to all

Originally Posted by janeyk
Who did you use in nz, we are looking for someone at the mo, first quote $4790
Old Apr 11th 2010, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Moving back to the uk with our Dog

we used venture pets who were brilliant based in Auckland and Welly