Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

moving back to UK in Dec 2009 - what a ride !!

Wikiposts

moving back to UK in Dec 2009 - what a ride !!

Old Oct 11th 2009, 8:41 am
going back to UK Dec 1st

Location: Mississauga near Toronto - Moving To UK - Birmingham in 7 Weeks
Sunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant future
Default moving back to UK in Dec 2009 - what a ride !!

hi all - 4yrs to get PR - moved to toronto in aug 2008 - looking at early Dec 09 to go back to UK - Birmingham area (where we are from)

after 14/15 months in toronto - mississauga by QEW/Winston Churchill -

we (wife and 2 kids ) have decided to go back to UK. - a shame as kids quite enjoying it here !!:mad

i wanna leave for the family in UK - my wife has some family here but i don't and i guess i'm not as strong as i'd thought i'd be.

luckily we are still renting and how our home in UK still so we not lost out there

she's not too confident on going back - me 150% but she is only 80%

we both have not found jobs here yet - she works nights at tim hortons and i was working from oct 08 to feb 09 and was laid off

since then i've been on E.I - which has now run out - but i still can't find work
as CCTV-Alarms security technician/engineer - install,service,repair - over 13yrs experience including working for ADT UK for 4 yrs too.

my wife has 4 yrs experience as domestic abuse/violence worker for women - she can't get work either - we have both had our resume's redone and tried our best at it all - but no luck !!

we are selling ::

Mazda MPV ES, 7 seater - silver, 3.0 automatic with alloys A/C ,sunroof,all elec windows, leather seats, good tyres- good condition was $10000 in Sept 08 when we bought it - now will accept $5990 - 140km at -

42" samsung plasma TV:black and samsung DVD player: black - was= $1000 in Oct 2008 new with receipt - now will accept $550 ono

Sony 160gb DVD PVR recordable hardrive:black, - which connects to TV - record direct from TV onto the hardrive your fav shows and burn them on dvd if u want - will record about 150hrs - depending on quality of playback you set
Was $300 new with receipt in Dec 2008 - now will accept $200 - only 9 months old !!

HP 22" black Computer monitor $350 new - now will accept $150

foldable velvet baige colour Sofa bed = was $400 new - now will accept $200 - only 6 months old

queen bed base and new king koil mattress - was $400 new - now will accept $200 for both - only 6 months old

snow shovel - was $25 new from canadian tire - now accept $10 - used only a few times in Feb/mar this year

we are going to advertise in kijiji and craigslist and local ads too - just thought i'd give all a chance of buying good new stuff - all within a year old

CONTAINER - if anyone else going Nov/Dec 09 - and looking a container to share - please call me - Sunny or Nin 647 213 6590

thanks guys and good luck to us and you guys

Sunny or Nin 647 213 6590
Old Oct 12th 2009, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: moving back to UK in Dec 2009 - what a ride !!

Originally Posted by Sunny Dulai
hi all - 4yrs to get PR - moved to toronto in aug 2008 - looking at early Dec 09 to go back to UK - Birmingham area (where we are from)

we (wife and 2 kids ) have decided to go back to UK. - a shame as kids quite enjoying it here !!:mad

i wanna leave for the family in UK - my wife has some family here but i don't and i guess i'm not as strong as i'd thought i'd be.

luckily we are still renting and how our home in UK still so we not lost out there

we both have not found jobs here yet - she works nights at tim hortons and i was working from oct 08 to feb 09 and was laid off

since then i've been on E.I - which has now run out - but i still can't find work
as CCTV-Alarms security technician/engineer - install,service,repair - over 13yrs experience including working for ADT UK for 4 yrs too.

my wife has 4 yrs experience as domestic abuse/violence worker for women - she can't get work either - we have both had our resume's redone and tried our best at it all - but no luck !!

Mazda MPV ES, 7 seater - silver, 3.0 automatic with alloys A/C ,sunroof,all elec windows, leather seats, good tyres- good condition was $10000 in Sept 08 when we bought it - now will accept $5990 - 140km at -

42" samsung plasma TV:black and samsung DVD player: black - was= $1000 in Oct 2008 new with receipt - now will accept $550 ono

Sony 160gb DVD PVR recordable hardrive:black, - which connects to TV - record direct from TV onto the hardrive your fav shows and burn them on dvd if u want - will record about 150hrs - depending on quality of playback you set
Was $300 new with receipt in Dec 2008 - now will accept $200 - only 9 months old !!

foldable velvet baige colour Sofa bed = was $400 new - now will accept $200 - only 6 months old

queen bed base and new king koil mattress - was $400 new - now will accept $200 for both - only 6 months old

snow shovel - was $25 new from canadian tire - now accept $10 - used only a few times in Feb/mar this year

we are going to advertise in kijiji and craigslist and local ads too - just thought i'd give all a chance of buying good new stuff - all within a year old

CONTAINER - if anyone else going Nov/Dec 09 - and looking a container to share - please call me - Sunny or Nin 647 213 6590

Hi
We moved out to nz in 2005 and came back in 2007. I wanted to return while hubby and 4 children wanted to stay in nz, we made the decision to return. There are jobs to be had here, just need the right area and the children are so much better off with their friends, social life, schooling is fantastic once again. We have no regrets about the move back, just miss the weather and scenery.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 12:48 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sunny Dulai,

Members aren't really supposed to use the forum for for sale ads etc. But you are quite welcome to stick them in the free classifieds section.

Sue
Old Oct 13th 2009, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

Hi, we are just over on third line and west oak trails, bout 5-6 mins. May be interested in the bed as we have been here 8 months and are still on the floor!! Can you give me a quick description of the bed. Ta.

The reason why we haven't bought much yet, is because the jury is still out as to whether we will stay here. Its a really hard descion as as you say, the kids are enjoying it! Having said that, the friends they had back home and the school they were in was fantastic so i know they could settle back - i would miss seeing them ice skate though - they both LOVE it!!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:52 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkkristen
Hi, we are just over on third line and west oak trails, bout 5-6 mins. May be interested in the bed as we have been here 8 months and are still on the floor!! Can you give me a quick description of the bed. Ta.

The reason why we haven't bought much yet, is because the jury is still out as to whether we will stay here. Its a really hard descion as as you say, the kids are enjoying it! Having said that, the friends they had back home and the school they were in was fantastic so i know they could settle back - i would miss seeing them ice skate though - they both LOVE it!!
Sounds like me = been here a year in dec - not happy
Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:41 pm
going back to UK Dec 1st

Sunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pinkkristen

hi

yeh its difficult - not easy for us by any means - but we (rather myself) have 100% decided on going back and hope for the best back in the UK

small world.................we are only 10mins from you guys

bed- come over and take a look if you like - its new and mattress is only 6 months old.....give me a call tmrw if u like - 647 213 6590

thanks
Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:50 pm
going back to UK Dec 1st

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Sounds like me = been here a year in dec - not happy
yes - not happy - exactly like me - we dreamed about this place for 4 years while trying to get the PR card - and now the reality of being here without family and things not working out financially - like higher house prices, jobs lost,bad exchange rate for us brits, economic downturn everywhere hasn't helped any of us.

at the end of the day you feel how you feel and if at the time it feels right then do it

we felt it was right to come last year and now we feel its right to go back so whatever - just take the step - look......- many people talk about doing this stuff and never do -

at least we all took the steps and dealt with things accordingly - its our hassle and we're the ones that did it - be proud and just do what is right for you - good luck

sunny
Old Oct 14th 2009, 3:43 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

yes - not happy - exactly like me - we dreamed about this place for 4 years while trying to get the PR card - and now the reality of being here without family and things not working out financially - like higher house prices, jobs lost,bad exchange rate for us brits, economic downturn everywhere hasn't helped any of us.

at the end of the day you feel how you feel and if at the time it feels right then do it

we felt it was right to come last year and now we feel its right to go back so whatever - just take the step - look......- many people talk about doing this stuff and never do -

at least we all took the steps and dealt with things accordingly - its our hassle and we're the ones that did it - be proud and just do what is right for you - good luck

sunny
indeed!!
Old Oct 15th 2009, 3:49 pm
going back to UK Dec 1st

hi guys - moving to UK in 7 weeks

considering taking my Mazda MPV with me

is it worth it ??

what cost should it be approx ??

can i load up my household stuff into it ??

anyone here ever done it ??

thanks guys