Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to UK with a Consultancy back in the US

Moving back to UK with a Consultancy back in the US

Old Mar 3rd 2018, 1:19 am
Just Joined

riverdriveboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Moving back to UK with a Consultancy back in the US

Does anyone have any experience of moving back to the UK from New York (changing my residency) but continuing to run an LLC Consultancy in the US?

Aside from taxes on earned income from the LLC, I may also want to start developing a UK stream of consultancy income - and presumably I'd need to open a UK version of an LLC.

Thoughts and advice greatly appreciated!
Old Mar 3rd 2018, 1:37 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK with a Consultancy back in the US

If you are living and working in the UK you won't be paying any tax in the US.

There isn't anything close to am LLC in the UK - you have a choice of incorporating a limited company (Ltd), or being a sole proprietor. An Ltd will have its own tax bill, it is not a pass-through entity like an LLC in the US. There is also no UK equivalent to an S-corp.