Reload this Page >

Moving back to UK with child born abroad

Moving back to UK with child born abroad

Old Apr 16th 2021, 2:57 am
Just Joined

swigz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to UK with child born abroad

Hi there,

My husband and I have been living in my home country of New Zealand since 2015, and before that in Australia. We had a little boy last year in March. He is a New Zealand citizen by birth and will be entitled to British citizenship as my husband was born in England.

We have to go back to the UK quite urgently, and indefinitely, in about 6 weeks time due to a family member being really unwell.

Our son has a New Zealand passport, and my husband and I both have British passports. My question is, will there be any issues with my son's entry into the UK on his NZ passport? I don't think we have time to get his British passport before we need to leave.

Thank you in advance for your help
Steph
Old Apr 16th 2021, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK with child born abroad

Yes, there will be issues on entry. With only a NZ passport your son will only be eligible for entry as a visitor.

If you have sufficient evidence that he is your son and that your husband is a full British citizen it is likely you will be granted entry and told to get your son's British passport asap,

You'll need to carry birth certificates etc of both son and husband. ....