Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to UK from Canada Shipment issue

Moving back to UK from Canada Shipment issue

Old Sep 14th 2018, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

AnnaShepp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to UK from Canada Shipment issue

A very dear friend is returning to the UK after 33 years in Canada. The moving company have turned up to pack and ship her belongings and are saying they're going to double the cost. WereWtrying to find alternatives to using these con artists. They have turned up and see a older single lady!!! Is there anyone out there who would want to share a shipping container or anyone who has any other ideas of how to deal with this.
Old Sep 14th 2018, 6:30 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK from Canada Shipment issue

I've moved your thread to our Moving back to the UK forum as I believe you're more likely to get the help you need in here.

Best of luck with your friends move. Could she have miscalculated when she gave them the volume for the quote perhaps? If the shipment is already booked, she had better check that she's not contractually obligated in any way.

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 14th 2018 at 6:32 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2018, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

AnnaShepp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I've moved your thread to our Moving back to the UK forum as I believe you're more likely to get the help you need in here.

Best of luck with your friends move. I would steer clear of that shipping company!
Thank you, yeah we're trying to think of alternatives, even if she stores her stuff with us until it can be shipped at a later date.
Old Sep 14th 2018, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

sillius soddus is an unknown quantity at this point

This is exactly why we have just booked today with upakweship canada.

We were really concerned about being given a cheap estimate then being charged additional.

This way they deliver a container, we pack our own stuff and seal the container. Whatever wont fit we will give to charity.

Talk to Garth 3063828797

Good Luck.

Mick