Reload this Page >

Moving back to the UK with Australian debt

Moving back to the UK with Australian debt

Old Apr 4th 2017, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Zed2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to the UK with Australian debt

Removed due to trolls

Last edited by Zed2017; Apr 4th 2017 at 11:11 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 10:37 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to the UK with Australian debt

Just pay it. You're going to deliberately run up a credit card debt to pay for the move but have no intention of paying it off. And people wonder why interest rates go up.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Great place

Last edited by Zed2017; Apr 4th 2017 at 11:12 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 10:57 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zed2017
We just dont want to be chased until we are ready
Oh isn't that nice.

Where can I apply for one of these credit cards that I don't have to bother to pay back until I feel I'm ready?
Old Apr 4th 2017, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks lovely supportive people. What a fantastic group happy helpful people.
Im glad everyone here is so open minded and caring. If this is the response you get for asking for help when in a bad situation then you should feel proud.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 11:28 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Im glad everyone here is so open minded and caring. If this is the response you get for asking for help when in a bad situation then you should feel proud.
Actually, I am proud. Proud of the fact that I have worked hard and saved my money to get a mortgage and credit cards. Which I pay for every month. By not paying for YOUR debt you increase MY debt to the NAB, who hold my mortgage and credit card.

Want to tell me why I should be paying for your move back to the UK?
Old Apr 4th 2017, 11:30 pm
Still alive

Removed due to trolls
Not trolls. People who are sick of paying for deadbeats who run from their responsibilities.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 11:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

When I moved to Aus I had a lot of UK debt; it was a struggle, but I kept up payments on it, and converted a lot of it into debt over here instead as its easier to pay that way. When I finally go home it will be with a huge Aussie debt as a result. Tempting though it will be to abandon it my conscience won't let me so I shall keep paying it from the UK. If I can't afford the regular payments I will be making a deal with the companies concerned for lower ones until I can resume normal payments. That's the best way to go about it

Can't see any trolls on this thread by the way, just long term posters giving an opinion, as we are all allowed to do on here
Old Apr 5th 2017, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

Removed due to trolls

The Irony is that if anyone was a troll, it was the OP. The dictionary definition of a troll is "One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument".
Old Apr 10th 2017, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, When we lived in Aus we heard a lot of stores from expats (from all over the globe) who had debts for the most who were not planning to return they did not have any intention of paying their debts and slept at night, I know other expats who struggled to keep up payments after their move and eventually (one person took 7.5 years) to pay off their debts because they said they could not live with themselves if they had not done so, its life fraud is everywhere in this day and age, its obviously up to you what your going to do about it, me I would have to pay if it took me years (yes I am the type who would not be able to sleep...I know a lot though who would be able to) it would be wrong not to pay a debt, if when you do arrive in the UK and gain employment could not arrange for very low payments on these cards and slowly pay them off, it will take time but then you could always return to Aus and also walk with a clear mind. It really does not seem fare people do "get away" with things like this...but do they really, I often think some things come back to bite you.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 10:32 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Hi, When we lived in Aus we heard a lot of stores from expats (from all over the globe) who had debts for the most who were not planning to return they did not have any intention of paying their debts and slept at night, I know other expats who struggled to keep up payments after their move and eventually (one person took 7.5 years) to pay off their debts because they said they could not live with themselves if they had not done so, its life fraud is everywhere in this day and age, its obviously up to you what your going to do about it, me I would have to pay if it took me years (yes I am the type who would not be able to sleep...I know a lot though who would be able to) it would be wrong not to pay a debt, if when you do arrive in the UK and gain employment could not arrange for very low payments on these cards and slowly pay them off, it will take time but then you could always return to Aus and also walk with a clear mind. It really does not seem fare people do "get away" with things like this...but do they really, I often think some things come back to bite you.
it cost me the thick end of 7k to move back to Canada which i put on my UK credit card...thankfully i have being paying it off in big chunks and only have 500 to pay which i will clear next month..you never know when you might have to go back and its nice to know my credit rating will still be A1
Old Apr 12th 2017, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

CanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond repute

I forget which bank it was 100% but Bank of Ireland UK comes to mind. A few years back told people they have to repay 100% of what was owed when they told them they moved to a foreign address.

I'm not sure why they did it as if I were in that situation I'd probably tell them to stick it and they wouldn't see a penny.

Last edited by CanadianSpruce; Apr 12th 2017 at 3:39 am.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

dave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond repute

When I lived in Canada, someone who worked in the same office ran up large department store and credit card debts, and left Canada without paying his debts. Probably he thought he was home free, but he wasn't. His creditors pursued him in the UK and the Netherlands after they obtained judgement in provincial court. Many countries will enforce judgement of foreign debts after a court of competent jurisdiction in the country in which the debts were incurred has ruled in favour of the plaintiffs.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave2003
When I lived in Canada, someone who worked in the same office ran up large department store and credit card debts, and left Canada without paying his debts. Probably he thought he was home free, but he wasn't. His creditors pursued him in the UK and the Netherlands after they obtained judgement in provincial court. Many countries will enforce judgement of foreign debts after a court of competent jurisdiction in the country in which the debts were incurred has ruled in favour of the plaintiffs.
I know someone who arrived back from Canada after only 6 months and they did the same thing, took out store cards and credit cards/loans etc with no intention of paying them back, returned to the UK, they have just bought a home here and landed an excellent job in Qatar....there does not seem to be any justice in this world at times.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 10:00 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
I know someone who arrived back from Canada after only 6 months and they did the same thing, took out store cards and credit cards/loans etc with no intention of paying them back, returned to the UK, they have just bought a home here and landed an excellent job in Qatar....there does not seem to be any justice in this world at times.
Yes, a few years ago I worked with someone, he was earning a good wage, and he got a mortgage to buy his house and then a big loan to pay for alterations, once the money from the loan was in the bank he just went and moved to Australia, where he already had PR. left work one Friday evening and never returned, never resigned his job, and we only found out what really had happened when the building society he had the mortgage and loan with contacted work to ask where he was as he hadn't paid any of the repayments, no-one at work knew, and eventually he was traced having moved to Australia, AFAIK he was never pursued or had to pay anything back, the building society eventually could default the mortgage and, at least, get that back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.