Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to UK from Australia

Moving back to UK from Australia

Old Aug 29th 2013, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK from Australia

Originally Posted by AJM72
My wife qualifies for an ancestral visa
You mentioned that your 2 kids are pre-school age. Are you aware that for a person on an Ancestry Visa (your wife) that they need to have lived and worked continuously in the UK for 5 years in order to obtain Indefinite Leave?
Old Aug 30th 2013, 2:33 am
Just Joined

AJM72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank-you for your suggestions everyone.

Roaring Mouse - yes I am aware the ancestral visa conditions state that my wife needs to work and live in the UK continuously for 5 years in order to obtain ILR. This is what we intend to do.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zutijar
We moved from Appledore in Devon (a great and friendly place) to southern Spain for a change of climate and lifestyle. 4 years ago we moved to Normandy in France where we have a better climate than the UK and are just one hour from ferries and airports back to the UK to see family. Normandy is friendly and VERY safe for kids who grow up bilingual, well-behaved and respectful. The countryside is just like Devon - lanes with high banks and hedgerows, the whole area is like growing up in England in the '50's - everyone supports the local butchers and bakers, the market stalls and farm shops but equally visits the hypermarkets 10 minutes away. There are crèches, nurseries, after school clubs, summer vacation clubs and kids make friends easily. It's a very pro-British region for obvious historic reasons. Unfortunately for health reasons we have to move back to the UK to be nearer family, but it IS unfortunately and with great regrets. Our French friends all try to speak English and laugh when they teach us French slang. We have always been struck when dining out how well-behaved French children are and how they still speak when spoken to! You don't have to go ALL the way back to England to give your kids the perfect lifestyle! Good luck anyway.
If sounds lovely just like where we live in the UK actually, if I felt like you then I would certainly not want to move to another Country, if its for your family health reasons could you not find the help you need in Normandy?