Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to the UK after 25 years in US

Moving back to the UK after 25 years in US

Old May 4th 2021, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

MTC1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving back to the UK after 25 years in US

Thanks for this info. Which US bank are people using that seems to 'talk' well with UK banks?
Old May 4th 2021, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MTC1983
Thanks for this info. Which US bank are people using that seems to 'talk' well with UK banks?

We have Citibank, which has a few branches in the UK.....
Old May 4th 2021, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that. we currently have a credit union and another local bank - but think we need one that can flawlessly interact with a bank in the UK we had thought about HSBC or Barclays.
Old May 4th 2021, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

We opened up an HSBC account in the USA the year before we moved back, we already had an HSBC UK account.
Old May 5th 2021, 1:57 am
Just Joined

Thanks that may be the way to go. we already have a santander accounts in the UK, but no sign of one in the US. the US seems to be woefully backward in terms of banking.
Old May 5th 2021, 4:50 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
We have Citibank, which has a few branches in the UK.....

How does that work in the UK? We are with Citibank here in the US, but the only physical branch that I can find in the UK is the HQ in Canary Wharf, but they seem to have some sort of arrangement with Lloyds.

It would be very helpful if that could help get us started at any rate with a UK bank account.
Old May 5th 2021, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

countrygirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point

MTC : I have had Barclays in Isle of Man for number of years.. I just opened an HSBC account here in States then they opened me a UK account . With HSBC , I can now flawlessly move money from dollars to pounds . Feel free to PM me if you wish ..