Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to uk after 15 years in Canada.

Moving back to uk after 15 years in Canada.

Old Jun 22nd 2021, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Lindsay18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to uk after 15 years in Canada.

Can anyone advise me on good shipping companies in the GTA I am in bowmanville and moving back to England. I would also like to know the cost involved in shipping personal belongings.
trying to decide what to sell etc
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

joleah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving back to uk after 15 years in Canada.

Hi we're in Newcastle retire and selling in the spring and moving back to Scotland I work as part time bus driver with first student keep in touch we can compare notes been in Canada 32 years but Miss's Scotland wishing you best of luck.......
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 4:19 pm
vh3
Forum Regular

vh3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, we are in the Okanagan and will be going back to Scotland next spring after 26 years in Canada. It is time.
Old Jun 24th 2021, 6:00 am
Just Joined

Walmsc is an unknown quantity at this point

I too am after shipping info. We have been on Vancouver Island 6 years and moving back home to UK in September. Any advice or experience with the move greatly appreciated?
Old Jun 24th 2021, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by joleah
Hi we're in Newcastle retire and selling in the spring and moving back to Scotland I work as part time bus driver with first student keep in touch we can compare notes been in Canada 32 years but Miss's Scotland wishing you best of luck.......
Sounds great. I can't wait to go home and I think coivd really has changed alot of people's thoughts. We shall keep in touch and help each other along the way
Old Jun 24th 2021, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by vh3
Hello, we are in the Okanagan and will be going back to Scotland next spring after 26 years in Canada. It is time.
I absolutely agree. I think this covid things has really brought it home. I can't wait. Hopefully we get answers to the shipping thing. Take care
Old Jun 24th 2021, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Walmsc
I too am after shipping info. We have been on Vancouver Island 6 years and moving back home to UK in September. Any advice or experience with the move greatly appreciated?
I am moving in September too. I can't wait. Hopefully we get some answer. I will share what I find out.
Old Jun 24th 2021, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

I agree about covid changing perspectives. I have found it interesting to hear everyone during COVID say how they have found it so hard not hugging their loved ones and only seeing them by video. I then sat back and thought..... that's been my life for 6 years living abroad 😳. So looking forward to being home again, although still apprehensive and will miss some things here for sure. Anyone else feel apprehensive?
Old Jun 24th 2021, 5:25 pm
vh3
Forum Regular

Absolutely apprehensive, however hubby and I have looked around and yes we have a lovely home and "stuff" but still this empty feeling. For us, it is simply time to go home.
Old Jun 25th 2021, 4:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lindsay18
I am moving in September too. I can't wait. Hopefully we get some answer. I will share what I find out.
Me too. I saw another thread where a man moved back to Scotland and used upakweship so have messaged asking him about them, as they are much cheaper!! Air Canada have awesome prices for business with lie flat bed right now!! $1400!!! We have a dog so cant book her flight until 30 days before so may miss out.
Old Jun 25th 2021, 4:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by vh3
Absolutely apprehensive, however hubby and I have looked around and yes we have a lovely home and "stuff" but still this empty feeling. For us, it is simply time to go home.
Yes our house and 1/2 acre will definately not be affordable at home, but it's way to big anyway for 2 of us!! Empty is the word I would also use too, but not for long 😁
Old Jun 26th 2021, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

joleah is an unknown quantity at this point

If you need help feel free to email us xxxxxxxx my wife and I retired so just trying to get our ducks in a row we are moving 2022 have to relocate with 2 terriers .....them my daughter and granddaughter moving over ...exciting I've never settled

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 26th 2021 at 11:46 am. Reason: Not a good idea to post your email addy on a public forum ;)
Old Jun 26th 2021, 2:05 pm
vh3
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joleah
If you need help feel free to email us xxxxxxxx my wife and I retired so just trying to get our ducks in a row we are moving 2022 have to relocate with 2 terriers .....them my daughter and granddaughter moving over ...exciting I've never settled
have you been able to get any quotes from moving companies?