Moving back to UK

Old Jun 16th 2020, 12:51 am
Just Joined

Paul762 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving back to UK

Hi there yes you were right they got the wrong information and didn’t realize we were Brits so didn’t need anything else.

its been quite hard renting, luckily my daughter is there and she is going to the rental agency when needed, she faced timed me when she went around that apartment to give us a better idea than just going with the photos on line, but they do need us to send a lot of paperwork.
i am starting the rent from July 1st but won’t be back till later I’m the month.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Helen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by durham_lad View Post
We organized a rental remotely when we moved back in 2016 by viewing properties mostly on Rightmove then having friends view prospective places for us. We used email to send the agent scanned images of documents such as passports and pension statemenus.

Thanks!
Old Jun 16th 2020, 4:41 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul762 View Post
Hi there yes you were right they got the wrong information and didn’t realize we were Brits so didn’t need anything else.

its been quite hard renting, luckily my daughter is there and she is going to the rental agency when needed, she faced timed me when she went around that apartment to give us a better idea than just going with the photos on line, but they do need us to send a lot of paperwork.
i am starting the rent from July 1st but won’t be back till later I’m the month.
Glad it got sorted Paul. Now you can concentrate on packing
Old Jun 16th 2020, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Good news Paul, hope it all goes smoothly from this point on.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Brightongirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been looking into short term rental prices in Brighton, to get an idea of how much it'll cost when we move back and it's very expensive - maybe more than we want to throw down the drain while we're looking for a place to buy. Under the spouse visa and accommodation requirements are we allowed to sleep in my parents' living room on a sofa bed? They have a one-bedroom apartment and there are 2 people living there.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 1:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brightongirl View Post
I've been looking into short term rental prices in Brighton, to get an idea of how much it'll cost when we move back and it's very expensive - maybe more than we want to throw down the drain while we're looking for a place to buy. Under the spouse visa and accommodation requirements are we allowed to sleep in my parents' living room on a sofa bed? They have a one-bedroom apartment and there are 2 people living there.
For future ref, it's always better to ask questions on your own thread, so it doesn't get missed tacked on to the end of somebody else's. But here is the relevant doc for you - https://assets.publishing.service.go..._8_Annex_F.pdf

HTH.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
For future ref, it's always better to ask questions on your own thread, so it doesn't get missed tacked on to the end of somebody else's. But here is the relevant doc for you - https://assets.publishing.service.go..._8_Annex_F.pdf

HTH.
Well, after reading that I guess it's a no because there are only 3 people allowed in 2 rooms - shame!
Old Jun 16th 2020, 3:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brightongirl View Post
Well, after reading that I guess it's a no because there are only 3 people allowed in 2 rooms - shame!
What kind of place are you looking at, something like an Air BnB? It might be worth trying to haggle with a host, given most haven't earned any money for months, they may be grateful for some longer term guaranteed income.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
What kind of place are you looking at, something like an Air BnB? It might be worth trying to haggle with a host, given most haven't earned any money for months, they may be grateful for some longer term guaranteed income.
I've been looking at airbnb rates - very high but your idea of negotiating will be worth a try, especially since it'll be winter. Thanks
Old Jun 18th 2020, 12:14 am
Just Joined

Paul762 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was on green valley subdivision in Meridian off Locust grove and Amity.
now living off cole rd till we go
atill working at garden plaza of valley view and the wife is at St Als
we went with a 6 month rent as it was cheaper than other options, hopefully almost there with all the information they required us to send
thank you all for your good vibes😄
Last things to sort out is send boxes and sell my truck and wife’s Jeep.