Wikiposts

Moving back to the UK

Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:07 am
Just Joined

TheNewYorker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to the UK

Looking for advice on moving back to the UK from the US. My fiance is English, and has been in the US for 4 years. I'm American, so I won't have any credit in the UK when we move. He may not either, as he has been gone for a while. Any tips on the best way to build/re-build credit? Any other advice in general would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to the UK

Originally Posted by TheNewYorker
Looking for advice on moving back to the UK from the US. My fiance is English, and has been in the US for 4 years. I'm American, so I won't have any credit in the UK when we move. He may not either, as he has been gone for a while. Any tips on the best way to build/re-build credit? Any other advice in general would be greatly appreciated.
I have moved your read over to the Moving Back To The UK Forum.

you may also wish to take a look at the UKYankee website...it's for Americans living in/moving to the UK.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:21 am
Just Joined

Thanks, Jerseygirl!! I will check out that website as well.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

The first thing to think about is not credit in the UK (although that will be an issue later) but can you get a visa for him. Either fiance visa (where you marry within 6 months) or spouse visa (if you get married before you move).

Have you looked into the visa issues?
Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The first thing to think about is not credit in the UK (although that will be an issue later) but can you get a visa for him. Either fiance visa (where you marry within 6 months) or spouse visa (if you get married before you move).

Have you looked into the visa issues?

Yes my visa application has already been submitted. My company had a visa lawyer help with all that.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

dave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond repute

I am moving back to the UK soon. First thing I did when I started planning (about a year ago) was to open a global account at HSBC. I now have a British credit card and debit card, which I have been using to build up a credit rating there.

Seems that the transfer of credit ratings across the pond from Equifax in the U.S. or Canada is not allowed.

Good luck.