Wikiposts

Moving back to UK

Old May 5th 2013, 10:50 am
Just Joined

avtar is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Moving back to UK

hi everyone,
I am new to this forum.

i have moved from London to Vancouver, Canada in 2008.We were Permanent Residents of Canada. i was running my own construction business, and when I moved here with my family.i worked as a bricklayer for another company. we were fed up with the system and people. it was very difficult to make friends.

In 7 months we moved to Toronto. i got my truck license and was unable to find a job there in either trucking or construction for 5 months.

After that we moved back to the UK.we stayed in the UK for more than 2 years, then thought of trying Canada again, though this time we moved to Calgary in December 2011.

It was too cold in Calgary, so we moved once again to Vancouver in June 2012. This is where we are now.

I am now working as a truck driver. i work for many more hours more than i did in the UK and there is also no respect in the Truck Driving job. We are treated very badly even on the border. I have been reading this forum for quiet a while, and am very interested in other situations people are in. I am not alone.

We gave up again and are moving back to the UK without a backward glance. There is no demand in the construction trade, they want me to start from scratch despite my 18 years of experience. we still have no friends. we are planning to rent in Slough and then will buy a house.
we have already booked our shipping and need to sell our car, we live in a rental townhouse.

Any advice is appreciated[/SIZE]
Old May 5th 2013, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK

Good luck with the move forwards to your next best opportunity! I hope it all works out well for you and Welcome to the MBTTUK forum!
Old May 5th 2013, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK

Originally Posted by avtar
hi everyone,
I am new to this forum.

i have moved from London to Vancouver, Canada in 2008.We were Permanent Residents of Canada. i was running my own construction business, and when I moved here with my family.i worked as a bricklayer for another company. we were fed up with the system and people. it was very difficult to make friends.

In 7 months we moved to Toronto. i got my truck license and was unable to find a job there in either trucking or construction for 5 months.

After that we moved back to the UK.we stayed in the UK for more than 2 years, then thought of trying Canada again, though this time we moved to Calgary in December 2011.

It was too cold in Calgary, so we moved once again to Vancouver in June 2012. This is where we are now.

I am now working as a truck driver. i work for many more hours more than i did in the UK and there is also no respect in the Truck Driving job. We are treated very badly even on the border. I have been reading this forum for quiet a while, and am very interested in other situations people are in. I am not alone.

We gave up again and are moving back to the UK without a backward glance. There is no demand in the construction trade, they want me to start from scratch despite my 18 years of experience. we still have no friends. we are planning to rent in Slough and then will buy a house.
we have already booked our shipping and need to sell our car, we live in a rental townhouse.

Any advice is appreciated[/SIZE]
Never been to Canada, but I suppose migrating anywhere can be traumatic at times. We moved quite a few times in Aus always trying to find a balance, sometimes its just too hard to keep trying and there is nothing wrong in that. I would suggest renting as you have said and take your time to know the areas (if you already don't know them), take a breath so to speak and try and enjoy yourselves as well as sorting out work etc (hard I know but it does you good to smell the roses and not get so stressed out) I would also see what the work situation is like in any area you are thinking of. All the best