British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Moving back tomorrow! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/moving-back-tomorrow-736009/)

CarolPat Oct 17th 2011 9:34 pm

Moving back tomorrow!

I can't believe how quickly this last week has gone by. I was keeping on an even keel working through my check-list but lots of unexpected kindness, such as the ladies at the gym giving me a nice send-off, is making me rather wobbly now. In addition, Atlanta is enjoying gorgeous Fall weather, which is hard to leave - though it may well be storming by the time I fly out tomorrow. I'm trying to focus on all the hellos that are waiting for me across the pond, instead of all the goodbyes on this side. It's an adventure, right?

Mummy in the foothills Oct 18th 2011 2:09 am

Re: Moving back tomorrow!

So exciting. Have a good flight :thumbsup:

Sally Redux Oct 18th 2011 2:14 am

When you're going to change something, it suddenly seems all right. These are only natural feelings.

All the best.

Sue Oct 18th 2011 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by CarolPat (Post 9680309)
It's an adventure, right?

An adventure indeed ... and you are starting a brand new chapter. Enjoy the ride, and look forward ... not back :)

Have a safe trip and don't forget to update us as you go :)

jemima55 Oct 18th 2011 6:58 pm

Yay! Good luck! I hope all goes smoothly :thumbup:

beachgal21 Oct 18th 2011 9:45 pm

I wished it was me on my way home. Lucky you ... hope all goes well:thumbup:

sallysimmons Oct 18th 2011 9:45 pm

Yay! Good luck with everything - and remember, if you weren't scared about such a big change, it would be a sure sign you were dead :lol:

Guinness Oct 18th 2011 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by CarolPat (Post 9680309)
I can't believe how quickly this last week has gone by. I was keeping on an even keel working through my check-list but lots of unexpected kindness, such as the ladies at the gym giving me a nice send-off, is making me rather wobbly now. In addition, Atlanta is enjoying gorgeous Fall weather, which is hard to leave - though it may well be storming by the time I fly out tomorrow. I'm trying to focus on all the hellos that are waiting for me across the pond, instead of all the goodbyes on this side. It's an adventure, right?

Carolpat
Good luck with everything and I am sure that everything will work out for you. I will be right behind you, my partner, myself and our 2 cats and 2 dogs leave from Toronto to Manchester tomorrow!! yikes
:)

Mummy in the foothills Oct 18th 2011 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Guinness (Post 9682613)
Carolpat
Good luck with everything and I am sure that everything will work out for you. I will be right behind you, my partner, myself and our 2 cats and 2 dogs leave from Toronto to Manchester tomorrow!! yikes

Good luck to you too. :thumbsup:

Brigette Oct 18th 2011 11:49 pm

Congrats! I hope everything goes smoothly for you:thumbup:

jemima55 Oct 19th 2011 3:02 pm

Yeah, bye bye Guiness (and partner and animals). Hope all goes well in your new life back home!

CarolPat Oct 19th 2011 5:46 pm

We arrived safely but the cats are still at Heathrow waiting for one last document to be faxed from the US. I feel bad for them but I had no idea it was needed. I hope to see them by 8pm and I won't blame them for ignoring me totally cat-style!

Guinness Oct 19th 2011 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by CarolPat (Post 9684136)
We arrived safely but the cats are still at Heathrow waiting for one last document to be faxed from the US. I feel bad for them but I had no idea it was needed. I hope to see them by 8pm and I won't blame them for ignoring me totally cat-style!

yea well done glad you got there safe and sound. Hope the kittys are ok

Shazban Oct 19th 2011 11:35 pm

Congrats to everyone arriving back. A big welcome home to you!

Mummy in the foothills Oct 19th 2011 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by CarolPat (Post 9684136)

Poor kitties I bet they are being well looked after though.
Nice to hear you all arrived safely :thumbsup: