Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to Scotland from Argentina.

Wikiposts

Moving back to Scotland from Argentina.

Old Feb 25th 2013, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

RickieAH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to Scotland from Argentina.

I'm Scottish and wish to go back to Scotland, after being here for over 2 and a half years, because I'm finding it difficult to get a full-time job here in Buenos Aires, I therefor have little money. Also the security in this city is becoming a little more un-certain. I also have 3 young children in Scotland. But I wish to go back with my fiancee, from Argentina, we have been living together since I arrived, she was the reason why I came to BA. After looking at a few of the threads here I am very worried that this will be impossible because of the finances required. I will arrive with no job, obviously, my parents are letting us stay in a caravan they have. I hope to get a job in architecture and my fiancee is an English Teacher. Are we a hopeless case?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 1:01 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to Scotland from Argentina.

Originally Posted by RickieAH
I'm Scottish and wish to go back to Scotland, after being here for over 2 and a half years, because I'm finding it difficult to get a full-time job here in Buenos Aires, I therefor have little money. Also the security in this city is becoming a little more un-certain. I also have 3 young children in Scotland. But I wish to go back with my fiancee, from Argentina, we have been living together since I arrived, she was the reason why I came to BA. After looking at a few of the threads here I am very worried that this will be impossible because of the finances required. I will arrive with no job, obviously, my parents are letting us stay in a caravan they have. I hope to get a job in architecture and my fiancee is an English Teacher. Are we a hopeless case?
Did you read through the Sticky thread at the top of the page? It's sometimes easy to miss because it isn't in the main body of the everyday threads.

If your parents can afford to help you out with the savings option of the financial side, that would help you to overcome the lack of a job/income side of things.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RickieAH
... I hope to get a job in architecture and my fiancee is an English Teacher. Are we a hopeless case?
The only wrinkle I can suggest is that since your wife is from Argentina she would be entitled to Spanish citizenship after a mere two years' legal residence in
Spain. With or without you.
Or immediately if she has a grandparent who fled Spain during the Spanish civil war.

Last edited by holly_1948; Feb 27th 2013 at 10:35 am. Reason: fixed mixed up sexes - thank you dunrovin!
Old Feb 27th 2013, 10:20 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by holly_1948
The only wrinkle I can suggest is that since your husband is from Argentina he would be entitled to Spanish citizenship after a mere two years' legal residence in
Spain. With or without you.
Or immediately if he has a grandparent who fled Spain during the Spanish civil war.
I think you got their sexes mixed up.

It never ceases to amaze me what a wealth of knowledge we have on this site.