Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back - leaving schools, rental, shipping. Logistics.

Wikiposts

Moving back - leaving schools, rental, shipping. Logistics.

Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all
Default Re: Moving back - leaving schools, rental, shipping. Logistics.

Hey brits1,
I remember getting really wound up by Northern Bird's comments in a previous thread. Some expletives were expressed but never voiced! A member of the 'Australia can do no wrong' brigade, I fear! But we know better. Ha Ha Ha
Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:30 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheshire Karen
Hey brits1,
I remember getting really wound up by Northern Bird's comments in a previous thread. Some expletives were expressed but never voiced! A member of the 'Australia can do no wrong' brigade, I fear! But we know better. Ha Ha Ha
Arrrgghhhhhhhhhh AUSTRALIA ISN'T PERFECT
Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Cheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to allCheshire Karen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by northernbird
Arrrgghhhhhhhhhh AUSTRALIA ISN'T PERFECT
Really? How bizarre!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 1:19 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Right Brits1, you listening love. The top 2 posts are what I was responding to, I was responding to Rachel (aka Nu Shooz) and her response to PoppetUK. I was not putting anyones dreams down, was not judging anyone and not giving any advice. As you will see from my quote, I will highlight it just in case, I said that these issues exist in Australia but I don't see them. I do go around with blinkers on but I am aware of what exists outside those blinkers. I just don't want to know until I have to deal with it which in years to come I am sure I will. I hope I have brought both my girls up to be well balanced, well behaved, respectful individuals - their reports seem to indicate I have done an OK job. I hope they make the right choices in life but hey who knows. Life is too short to be miserable hence you guys all going home and me coming here. Hopefully everyone will find their place in the world and be happy.
Blimey, what's going on in here lol.

If only life was simple eh
Old Mar 30th 2010, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
One of the biggest sticking points is moving the children into the UK environment. I know they will enjoy the stimulation and the sharper education but we miss letting them be kids and we do worry about the hostility.

Hardest decision of our lives............

Poppet
I can relate to this. We moved back almost two years ago after four years in Perth.

It was a massive shock to my kids, as they'd never been to school in the UK before.

My experience tallies with that of Northernbird. It seems much harder to avoid the bad stuff here than in the nicer northern/western suburbs of Perth, in my experience.

There are many things I love about being back in the UK, but this issue has been a big one for us and it still troubles me.

The "stimulation and sharper education" thing also rings true.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 1:49 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Exile
I can relate to this. We moved back almost two years ago after four years in Perth.

It was a massive shock to my kids, as they'd never been to school in the UK before.

My experience tallies with that of Northernbird. It seems much harder to avoid the bad stuff here than in the nicer northern/western suburbs of Perth, in my experience.

There are many things I love about being back in the UK, but this issue has been a big one for us and it still troubles me.

The "stimulation and sharper education" thing also rings true.
You going back then?

My inlaws are going back to Perth after a year in UK. They lived in Perth 5 years prior to that.
Just seen them today and they said they might come back to UK after 2 months in Perth. Couldn't be arsed farting about like that..i want to tell them to get a grip. Wasting your life pingy pongy

I am soo glad i am happy. Hard to understand what goes on in their heads.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
You going back then?

My inlaws are going back to Perth after a year in UK. They lived in Perth 5 years prior to that.
Just seen them today and they said they might come back to UK after 2 months in Perth. Couldn't be arsed farting about like that..i want to tell them to get a grip. Wasting your life pingy pongy

I am soo glad i am happy. Hard to understand what goes on in their heads.

No, we're not heading back. We probably would've done last year if my eldest hadn't got into a good school.

It did come as a big shock to us, though, and I wonder what the hell a lot of people here do to their kids. I see seven yearolds with permanent scowls.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:07 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, what's going on in here lol.

If only life was simple eh
Bloody northerners Rach, don't read my damn posts properly Hope you are all OK there on the wrong side of the Pennines chuck xxx
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:21 am
Account Closed

No, we're not heading back. We probably would've done last year if my eldest hadn't got into a good school.

It did come as a big shock to us, though, and I wonder what the hell a lot of people here do to their kids. I see seven yearolds with permanent scowls.
Don't let the 7 year olds worry you, life's too short, enjoy it.

Bloody northerners Rach, don't read my damn posts properly Hope you are all OK there on the wrong side of the Pennines chuck xxx
All good here mate.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

I never said it wasn't there, I don't deny it is there. My life is better because it isn't in my face. In my village in the UK it was in my face therefore my life suffered. I don't dispute anti-social behaviour happens in Perth just that it doesn't affect me. I am not sure how much clearer I can make that. I am a person that doesn't get bothered about stuff if it isn't affecting me. I don't watch the news because if it isn't in my own back yard and bothering me and mine I don't give a stuff.
Well that's a lovely attitude to have.

NB, I doubt you mean to, but I find your posts in this part of the forum all come across very smug, it's like you are constantly saying "well my life is great here so you must all be talking b******". I know you are going to come back and say that's a load of rubbish and YOUR experience is YOUR experience but that is the general feel I get from your posts.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brits1
Have to agree with you on the nights out...not wanting to get on a bang waggon here honestly...but if people really do think life is all milk and honey here and just no trouble then either they are wearing blinkers, never go out or are use to that type of behaviour and don't recognise it as trouble....as I have always said good and bad happen everywhere and in all walks of life...no matter where you live....good luck T. I think I saw your container today..not sure it was your house though if so good luck and take care....
Thanks brits, yes it was ours. Unless there was another one around the corner LOL. They only just got everything on. Fly out tomorrow lunchtime, apparantly it's snowing in London!

Good luck to you to, will do an update when we are settled.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 3:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by stm1971
Thanks brits, yes it was ours. Unless there was another one around the corner LOL. They only just got everything on. Fly out tomorrow lunchtime, apparantly it's snowing in London!

Good luck to you to, will do an update when we are settled.
It's snowing in Scotland, not London..lovely where i am in Yorky, all sunny
Old Mar 30th 2010, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Don't let the 7 year olds worry you, life's too short, enjoy it.
Thanks Nu Shooz. I admire your positive approach to life.

We do enjoy life here, but some things still trouble me. I was worried my younger two would end up like the miserable, aggressive kids, but after two years they still seem okay.

I see living here as a trade off: the harder social climate for a more interesting and stimulating environment. I'm glad we're here, but it's been a stressful move.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 3:41 am
Account Closed

Thanks Nu Shooz. I admire your positive approach to life.

We do enjoy life here, but some things still trouble me. I was worried my younger two would end up like the miserable, aggressive kids, but after two years they still seem okay.

I see living here as a trade off: the harder social climate for a more interesting and stimulating environment. I'm glad we're here, but it's been a stressful move.
Well nothing is all sweetness and smelling of roses, we have to take the good with the bad. I believe kids are individuals and no matter where you take them they will be how THEY want to be. We can't mould them into something they're not. Good parenting helps, so from your posts you have nothing to worry about
Old Mar 30th 2010, 11:00 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by stm1971
Well that's a lovely attitude to have.

NB, I doubt you mean to, but I find your posts in this part of the forum all come across very smug, it's like you are constantly saying "well my life is great here so you must all be talking b******". I know you are going to come back and say that's a load of rubbish and YOUR experience is YOUR experience but that is the general feel I get from your posts.
Nobody is accusing anyone of talking bollocks, everyones views and experiences are valid (even mine ). If I could have afforded to go and live in Dorset or the Lake District I doubt very much I would be in Perth but hey ho that wasn't possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.