Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

moving back to england after 13 years

moving back to england after 13 years

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving back to england after 13 years

why are you going back?
does not sound like you have to, but if you are try eurousa for shipping.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Sponging is where someone takes advantage of other peoples hard work and tax payments. .
wow good description of a sponger!

Fits the Uk government to a tea.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharonbrit
I know I can get benefits becasue my brother just moved back?
If you can believe what the present B'liar Government says, the conditions and rulings for obtaining social welfare benefits in the UK will get much stricter and time limits will become tighter. Also the penalties for failing to meet the requirements for finding paid employment and keeping it are to get more severe, including withdrawal of benefits altogether. But this may be yet another case of deja vu with this lot in power. Maybe under Gordon, once dodgpot B'liar is out, it may be different.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

If people from other countries can come and find work with English as their second language and support their families back in their home country, it says there are jobs out there, so maybe they should make it much tougher. There again if Gordon keeps taxing everything that moves, all the businesses will move offshore and give the work to foreigners anyway...
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
If you can believe what the present B'liar Government says, the conditions and rulings for obtaining social welfare benefits in the UK will get much stricter and time limits will become tighter. Also the penalties for failing to meet the requirements for finding paid employment and keeping it are to get more severe, including withdrawal of benefits altogether. But this may be yet another case of deja vu with this lot in power. Maybe under Gordon, once dodgpot B'liar is out, it may be different.
Sounds an awful lot like CURRENT Aussieland, actually.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

I would like to say that i moved back in August 2006. I went on Job seekers allowence for a very short while. I also claimed housing benifit. I am now working full time and no longer need the help. Whilst many others come here and canada and stay on state benifits for years. There is nothing wrong with a safety net to help you on your feet.
If you need any advice please contact me and i will see what help i can find.

All of us need support at some stage in our lives! good luck.....
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:28 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

The Uk and canadian social welfare system is the envy of the world.With increasing cost of living and a aging population, I'd have to say its questionable how long the NHS can continue to offer benefits at current levels.The back lash against immigrants in the UK will work to force changes in how easy it is for anyone including British born citizens to recieve hand outs.Wouldn't be abit surprise if more European countries like Germany and Great Britain were to copy America's decision to limit government assistance.As an American I'd love to see tax payer funded health care for all citizens.Problem is how to maintain a hugh system with increasing high cost of living and provide the service for 300 million people.Not possible.With so many immigrants moving to the UK balloning the population taxes will have to go up.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:39 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
The Uk and canadian social welfare system is the envy of the world.With increasing cost of living and a aging population, I'd have to say its questionable how long the NHS can continue to offer benefits at current levels...
Seeing that the US spends 16% of GDP on healthcare (and still only covers 84% of the population) vs ~ 8% in the UK, I suspect that the US health care system will collapse long before the NHS.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Leeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond repute

What is wrong with applying for benefits to help get you on your feet until you get a job? In an ideal world the OP would be able to move back to England on a Monday and on Tuesday start work in her new job. Reality says this might not happen so in the meantime, she applies for benefits to help her out until she can get work.

The OP didn't mention in her post that she would be moving to the UK to live off benefits.

Last edited by Leeds_Lass; Mar 26th 2007 at 4:08 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:04 pm
Banned

YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Elvira

You may be right about the USA having problems before the UK does.Keep in mind that America is financially able to provide universal health care for all Americans.Sadly apart of being the world's only super power is maintaining a strong military.If America drasticly reduced its commitment to that priority most European allies would have to assume a larger responsibility for protecting their own safety.That would eat right in to those funds currently used for things like the NHS. Remember Europe has been caught sleeping when danger came knocking.Don't get me wrong,I like Europeans alot.Just being honest.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:06 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Elvira

You may be right about the USA having problems before the UK does.Keep in mind that America is financially able to provide universal health care for all Americans.Sadly apart of being the world's only super power is maintaining a strong military.If America drasticly reduced its commitment to that priority most European allies would have to assume a larger responsibility for protecting their own safety.That would eat right in to those funds currently used for things like the NHS. Remember Europe has been caught sleeping when danger came knocking.Don't get me wrong,I like Europeans alot.Just being honest.
America making the world a safer place for Europeans - you're having a laugh...
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:38 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babyblue
I would like to say that i moved back in August 2006. I went on Job seekers allowence for a very short while. I also claimed housing benifit. I am now working full time and no longer need the help. Whilst many others come here and canada and stay on state benifits for years. There is nothing wrong with a safety net to help you on your feet.
If you need any advice please contact me and i will see what help i can find.

All of us need support at some stage in our lives! good luck.....
Totally agree with this post

Thats what its for to help UK citizens through them bad patches . as a high tax payer i have no problems with that at all
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:39 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Seeing that the US spends 16% of GDP on healthcare (and still only covers 84% of the population) vs ~ 8% in the UK, I suspect that the US health care system will collapse long before the NHS.
Think you suspected wrong

The NHS is collapsing already ...
Old Mar 27th 2007, 1:50 am
Banned

Elvira

Not pulling your leg at all.Many Americans gave their life fighting to protect Europe in WW2 against the Nazis.Not that you have to respect that loyalty.You don't even have to give Americans credit for aiding the UK during the faulklands war.Many Americans would like to see our young soldiers pulled out of Korea,Germany and every region of Europe.Just because the Soviet Union was stared down by America during the Cold War doesn't mean Russia will not be a problem in years to come.Believe it or not they would love to rebuild their position and might in Europe.Do you think europe can guard against all the evils of the world with out having America as Europe's protector?Considering how little respect America gets from our friends,Many Americans would like nothing better than to leave europe and the rest of the world to handle their own affairs.I'd sure like to see Americans enjoying a NHS instead of sinking our dollars down the drain around the world. Yes America has gotten things wrong in the past but what country hasn't.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 2:58 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

You're right to say that the USA could afford to provide universal healthcare for all Americans, but quite wrong to say that it could only come at the expense of Europe's defence. Let's leave aside those really tired old myths about the USA being the sole provider of Europe's defence for 60+ years and concentrate on how the USA could afford universal healthcare - first of all if the government assumed the responsibility there would immediately be savings of around $250 billion a year by not having to pay for the insurance companies' admin, legal fees, big profits and monster CEO salaries. Secondly, you could consider scrapping the whole star wars/missile defence boondoggle, which doesn't work, never will (and even if it did would simply act as an invitation to rogue states to enter into an arms race), and costs the US taxpayer tens of billions of dollars a year while not providing the USA with any wothwhile defence, never mind europe.

And as for giving you credit for helping us in the Falklands - lets not forget that dear old Ronnie Reagan and the US government's first reaction in that conflict was to side with Argentina.

Last edited by elfman; Mar 27th 2007 at 3:05 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.