Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to Blighty...parents dead against it

Moving back to Blighty...parents dead against it

Old Jun 26th 2011, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to Blighty...parents dead against it

Originally Posted by shelley748
Maddyjvn- can you please PM me with your thoughts on SA because my Sister in law is thinking about moving there, she is 57 and has a very different view, she has never even visited, a few pointers around health etc danger areas would be helpful thanks!
I hope Maddy can give you some real insight about life over there currently.

For me, I would be dead against your SIL moving there especially at 57 and never having visited before.

Anyway it's Maddy's thread and I don't want to drag it off topic. Nuff said.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
I hope Maddy can give you some real insight about life over there currently.

For me, I would be dead against your SIL moving there especially at 57 and never having visited before.

Anyway it's Maddy's thread and I don't want to drag it off topic. Nuff said.
Thanks am waiting to hear back from her.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 4:42 pm
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Hey sorry folks been out of the game for almost 3 weeks with swine flu.

Well that's where I'll start....pandemic alert currently. Not nice but we survived with the right combination of drugs and caught early. It's not a particuarly clean place so be prepared for some bugs of note if you're a virgin traveller from the UK who has only visited friendly tourist places before.

Plus points - Weather, variety of cultures, people, landscape

Down points - crime, political nonsance and lack of computerised infrastructure which is very frustrating, pay for health care
Old Jul 7th 2011, 1:52 pm
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Confirmed today. We're moving back to London. I bloody can't wait. Thanks for everyones support and messages.

OMG - I am so excited its like the 5 year old has been unleashed.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 8:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maddyjvn
Confirmed today. We're moving back to London. I bloody can't wait. Thanks for everyones support and messages.

OMG - I am so excited its like the 5 year old has been unleashed.
Excellent!!! Hope everything goes brilliantly for you. Isnt it nice to get your "self" back?!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

vauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond repute

Please take me with you, I'll wash the dishes everyday.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:54 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Originally Posted by quoll
Excellent!!! Hope everything goes brilliantly for you. Isnt it nice to get your "self" back?!
Totally. I hadn't even contimplated this move thil hubby suggested it. He had 10 years in the UK and I thought it was his turn to be back in SA and supported him through that. Shows what I know. He really wants to return to UK. And now the more I think about it the more I feel it's the right move. I've really gained a lot from my SA time but now moving back we can both make moves to better our situation, pay of the mortgage here in SA very quickly, and bring up our daughter (and hopefully one or two more eventually) in the safety of the UK. I am soooo excited.