Moving back after 11 years

Wikiposts

Moving back after 11 years

Old Jun 17th 2013, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

citybanklondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back after 11 years

Hello Folks,

Hope someone can help with some moving back advice. I moved out of the UK 11 years ago to work in Dubai and was single then and at that time was living near London in the SE. Now I have a family, 3 kids who should be back in the UK attending schools etc. Although we have PR for New Zealand we decided the UK would be better due to proximity to the Middle East and the kids will have more rights in the UK due to being British, my spouse has Indefinite leave and can apply for citizenship after 3 years of residence in the UK.

Now I want to move them back in November and looking at buying property but since prices have shot up in the SE I have decided to buy a 3 BR semi in Warrington / Gtr Manchester area for cash so there is no mortgage and was wondering how easy it would be to find kids schools, a safe area, good neighbourhood and what is it like living in places like the ones mentioned in North England? I am negotiating with sellers and it seems 95k will buy us a 3 Bed semi good enough for us as this is what we have managed to save in the last 10 years working in Dubai. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks
Old Jun 17th 2013, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back after 11 years

You say your spouse has ILR in the UK, but you are currently living in Dubai and have been there for some time by the sounds of it.

So, how long has your spouse been out of the UK? Just like the Green card in the US, if one is out of the country for a length of time, the ILR can lapse, and if your wife is not of EU nationality you might be looking at having to get a spouse visa.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering about the same thing. My husband got ILR in 1999 but lost it when we left the country for more than two years.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michali
I was wondering about the same thing. My husband got ILR in 1999 but lost it when we left the country for more than two years.
The OP has posted in the Citizenship/Spouse visa section and he has an "irregular" situation going on - he is working in Dubai, wife will be living in UK.

So I think that people will be responding to his situation in that other post.

I cannot assist with homes in Warrington.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

citybanklondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You say your spouse has ILR in the UK, but you are currently living in Dubai and have been there for some time by the sounds of it.

So, how long has your spouse been out of the UK? Just like the Green card in the US, if one is out of the country for a length of time, the ILR can lapse, and if your wife is not of EU nationality you might be looking at having to get a spouse visa.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If I could clarify, she got Indefinite leave to enter from Dubai in 2012, she has been in the UK 3 times since then so there is no question of her losing the Indefinite leave as she has NOT been away from the UK for more than 2 years which is the current H.O policy. She was in the UK last month albeit for 3 days but her ILE is not lapsed. When she comes this time in November with the children she will be coming to settle for good and attain citizenship in 3 years time.