moving back after 10yrs

Old Jan 16th 2011, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: moving back after 10yrs

Yeah someone ought to do a scientific study on this I think.

Possibly it's all the deepfried pizza that creates an insulating layer around the vital organs.

There are very few normal looking shoes for laydees in the shops at the moment, the strappy platform spike heel is still very popular, which I can't/shan't/won't wear.

Sorry OP we're threadjacking a bit here talking about Glasgow, maybe I should start a separate thread LOL
Old Jan 16th 2011, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

Originally Posted by islandergirl
In Aus I had a vast collection of 3/4 length trousers, some corporate some for wearing at home, over here I have 2 pairs but had to buy an extra pair for going away for a long weekend last year to Europe. Which have not seen the light of day since I returned.

I'm all for dressing seasonally appropriate duroving - talking of which what's wrong with the youngsters in this country, -5C and they are in light/no jackets, and the girls in ultra minis and sliding around in trannie style stilettos!
oh i remember that all too well and yeah i has'nt changed a bit! mind you last new years eve it was -40 here in Alberta,and you should have seen what some of the girls had on.I mean 10 mins out in that without the right gear and your history.Its a good job they were not walking the streets in weather like that,it must have just been a hop skip and a jump into a taxi.Mind you i have said that and no one really bats an eye what you wear over here and i do like that in one way ,as you know what ever you are wearing you wont be talked about.They go shopping in their pj's too,i never have nor never will,and i cant say i like the idea of that.But you are not judged by your clothes.......and thats some thing i will miss.I found when i went back it was all chit chat about the girl next door,or what she had on and what the jones have.I know i will be trying to stay clear of all that when i get back.........i mean who cares what the jones are doing ????
Old Jan 16th 2011, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
After 10yrs in Alberta,we have finally made our minds up to move back to the UK. Although we have made our minds up,we are still scared to death of the move.We have done well in Canada and not regretted it at all,but its never felt that this is our forever home.My OH has always wanted to go back,but i did feel quite settled until a few years ago.I really didnt know where i wanted to move to, as i hadnt been back home for over 5yrs.However i did go back last year and i knew that thats what had been missing.......the people,the country side,the food,the history and most of all family and friends.
I worry about my 13yrs old son fitting in with the UK life,as all he has known is Canada.
I hope that we can decide on a nice area of the North West,and it be smooth sailing after the adjustment period.
Is there anyone that can give me any advice after retuning to the UK?
many thanks
This was nearly our thoughts as well...had done well in Aus after 12 years there and never really had the homesick bouts I knew a lot of our friends had...for us no matter how hard we tried then did not try..lol...Aus was just not "home"...that sounds to simple really it really was not but that's what it came down to....we visited the U.K after 7 years in Aus then again 2 years later and then made the decision to move back home...we have settled in a different area..still the North of England and a nice drive from family and we are enjoying our return...our sons were 16 and 19 when we returned last year and they have enjoyed being here and have settled in well....you really have to do what is right for your family but also yourselves.....your happy your children are happy...well most of the time lol...all the best....
Old Jan 16th 2011, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

Originally Posted by brits1
This was nearly our thoughts as well...had done well in Aus after 12 years there and never really had the homesick bouts I knew a lot of our friends had...for us no matter how hard we tried then did not try..lol...Aus was just not "home"...that sounds to simple really it really was not but that's what it came down to....we visited the U.K after 7 years in Aus then again 2 years later and then made the decision to move back home...we have settled in a different area..still the North of England and a nice drive from family and we are enjoying our return...our sons were 16 and 19 when we returned last year and they have enjoyed being here and have settled in well....you really have to do what is right for your family but also yourselves.....your happy your children are happy...well most of the time lol...all the best....
yes i know exactly where you are coming from when you said "no matter how hard you tried they did not".We had that for years here until one morning i woke up and said to myself "right lets see how long it takes for them to call me?" for some i never heard from them again and i thought they were our friends..............but i have stopped all the running after people and now what we have are true true mates through and through.Before i would really go out of my way and invite maybe 30-40 people round for a BBQ,and never get as much as even a call from them until the next one.