Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving Back for the 2nd Time From USA to UK

Moving Back for the 2nd Time From USA to UK

Old Jun 27th 2020, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Streetlegal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving Back for the 2nd Time From USA to UK

Thanks durham lad. I'm with Fidelity, and I plan on talking with them next week.

Ed
Old Jun 27th 2020, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Back for the 2nd Time From USA to UK

Originally Posted by Streetlegal
Thanks durham lad. I'm with Fidelity, and I plan on talking with them next week.

Ed
Good idea. Make sure they answer according to the rules of the 401k as they could well differ from Fidelity’s own brokerage rules. After I had left my employer I decided to roll my 401k to an IRA at Vanguard because of lower fees and better choice of funds than in the 401k. The custodian was Schwab and initially they said that they could do the rollover electronically but once I started the process they apologized and said that the 401k rules said that they could only send me a paper cheque to my address on record. To avoid the 10% penalty I then had to deposit that money into an IRA within 60 days. Quote stressful at the time.