Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back 1 stop service?

Moving back 1 stop service?

Old Nov 16th 2021, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Bul23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving back 1 stop service?

Thanks Durham lad that is great to know. I hope the situation regarding second hand models is still as positive. Hopefully yes! :dita incrociate:
Old Nov 16th 2021, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Bul23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again

Has anyone out there ever sent a couple of boxes from Europe to the UK ( used personal effects , very low value) with a courier such as Fedex, DHL? We are not bringing a lot over with us. Obviously we would have transfer of residence approval to attach to the boxes to be shipped and our URN number. The couriers have assured us there should be no issues as the Tor approval will be on the shipment.
Many thanks in advance
Old Nov 21st 2021, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Johnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bul23
Thanks very much Helen for your super rapid response. I will check out that link. I imagine you wouldn't want to keep your vehicle in the UK because of the bureaucracy and possibly extra cost of having a vehicle with a foreign registration?

Any one any idea about buying second hand vehicles in UK, taxation, insurance etc nowadays? I have been away from UK for many years.
You can now buy a vehicle online which seems to be getting more popular. They will tax it for you. As for insurance, use a comparison site such as Moneysupermarket or Go Compare.

Browse our cars - cinch