Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Move back to UK on expired visa?

Move back to UK on expired visa?

Old Nov 3rd 2010, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

connie99 is just really niceconnie99 is just really niceconnie99 is just really niceconnie99 is just really niceconnie99 is just really niceconnie99 is just really niceconnie99 is just really niceconnie99 is just really nice
Default Move back to UK on expired visa?

In 2006 I entered the UK on a fiance visa (I am USC) and then once I arrived in England and got married I received my temporary residency visa for 2 years...the problem is we returned to the US before the 2 years were up and before I could apply for a permanent residency (I know very stupid) but at the time we thought we would be moving back to California for good...now that we've been back for 2 years in California my BH hates it here and not a day goes by without him begging to go back to England... I decided to make another go of it in England but now I am wondering how do I apply for a visa again do I have to restart the case again from scratch but this time apply as a spouse of a british citizen instead of fiance? Any input would be greatly appreciated
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

john5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nice
Default Re: Move back to UK on expired visa?

you can't enter UK on an expired visa, exceptions are only granted in cases involving permanent visas

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/se...ningresidents/

my opinion is you have to apply all over again