Mortgage

Old Jun 13th 2022, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

EliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mortgage

Hey all, I'm getting ready to fly to the UK on June 30. I will be coming back to the USA two more times, once in July and September.
Soon as I get there on July 1, my plan is to go open a bank account and wire transfer money to my new GBP account.
I plan on shopping for houses that same week of July 4. I am looking at brand new homes only, from David Wilson.

I was just speaking with my family member in the UK and he indicated that getting a mortgage, in the UK, is going to be difficult, given that I have no history there. Outside of when I lived there as a child.

Question: if I put a down payment in the 55%-70% range. Is it safe to assume, that some bank, will surely provide me a mortgage for the remaining 30%-45%? I also have an accepted job offer from a large US bank, with a six figure salary. Based on my accepted job and putting such a large down payment, has anyone had any recent experience in getting a mortgage?
Old Jun 14th 2022, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mortgage

Originally Posted by EliDaBulldog
Hey all, I'm getting ready to fly to the UK on June 30. I will be coming back to the USA two more times, once in July and September.
Soon as I get there on July 1, my plan is to go open a bank account and wire transfer money to my new GBP account.
I plan on shopping for houses that same week of July 4. I am looking at brand new homes only, from David Wilson.

I was just speaking with my family member in the UK and he indicated that getting a mortgage, in the UK, is going to be difficult, given that I have no history there. Outside of when I lived there as a child.

Question: if I put a down payment in the 55%-70% range. Is it safe to assume, that some bank, will surely provide me a mortgage for the remaining 30%-45%? I also have an accepted job offer from a large US bank, with a six figure salary. Based on my accepted job and putting such a large down payment, has anyone had any recent experience in getting a mortgage?
If your relative/friend could give the details of a UK mortgage adviser (independent from banks) they could give you more info on various mortgages and requirements from a number of banks and building societies. Good luck
Old Jun 14th 2022, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

EliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond repute

brits1 Thanks and yes I am doing exactly that. I just wanted to kind of do a poll and see what others have experienced in recent times.
Old Jun 17th 2022, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Stelly is on a distinguished road

Working in the opposite direction, I've found banks in US with overseas presence are better at this sort of thing. You could try HSBC and see what they offer? Also do David Wilson homes offer any in-house financing? They often have more leeway too.
Old Jun 22nd 2022, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Has anyone moved to the UK in the last 6 to 12 months and been able to get a mortgage right away, within like the first month or so?
I spoke to a mortgage broker today and he indicated, that I will need to establish myself as resident, for a few months, earn some income. Then I can apply for mortgage. He said, nobody will extend me a mortgage as totally new resident. Can anyone confirm if this is accurate?
Old Jun 24th 2022, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Johnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by EliDaBulldog
Has anyone moved to the UK in the last 6 to 12 months and been able to get a mortgage right away, within like the first month or so?
I spoke to a mortgage broker today and he indicated, that I will need to establish myself as resident, for a few months, earn some income. Then I can apply for mortgage. He said, nobody will extend me a mortgage as totally new resident. Can anyone confirm if this is accurate?
This is what Expatica say. They also offer advice on expat-friendly mortgage lenders and mortgage advisors. I am sure the information here is not exhaustive but it is a good guide.

Mortgages in the UK: a guide for home buyers | Expatica
Old Jun 24th 2022, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Johnboyuk Thanks for sharing that info, it is helpful!

I still would like to hear from anyone that moved to the UK recently and bought a house, were you able to get a mortgage right away?