Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

More Info Needed on K-1 App.

More Info Needed on K-1 App.

Old Jan 17th 2004, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

156thSt. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default More Info Needed on K-1 App.

My fiance discovered on the internet query site that our December 4th application to Vermont was not approved, yet. They had mailed a query back on the 13th of January (of which I have not yet received) seeking more information. Hmm, if there is some sort of info they seek, why don't they make it all very clear up front what type is needed? Why aren't all the requirements listed before you snd the paperwork off? It is puzzling to me. Yes, I know these people are just doing their jobs (don't you hate that saying?). BUT, my future bride and I have't seen each other since Thanksgiving and we are lonely without each other. We speak on the phone almost daily which hurts because we sound as though we are so close. It is very, very hard. Yes, I am thankful that we have our app. @ Vermont, but are like everyone else who posts here, we want our lives together. I personally feel just a bit sad, but I am lucky to have my lady in my future. One last bit. We are invited to a wedding in September, and I hope she'll be here by then. Since the wedding takes place in canada, will she be able to attend? Thanks for allowing me to yammer on and on....
would you believe that I was born 12 blocks fron Yankee Stadium and never set foot inside da place????my dad was a Browns fan and baseball was banned from our home
Old Jan 19th 2004, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

21stcenturylove is on a distinguished road
Default RFE

Originally posted by 156thSt.
.... Yes, I am thankful that we have our app. @ Vermont.....One last bit. We are invited to a wedding in September, and I hope she'll be here by then. Since the wedding takes place in canada, will she be able to attend?....
Happy and Blessed are those who are able to apply at Vermont.....With regard to the marriage in Canada, a timely Advance Parole before leaving US is the solution.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice
Default Re: RFE

Originally posted by 21stcenturylove
Happy and Blessed are those who are able to apply at Vermont.....

Seconded... Thirded... and Fourthed.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

156thSt. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by 21stcenturylove
Happy and Blessed are those who are able to apply at Vermont.....With regard to the marriage in Canada, a timely Advance Parole before leaving US is the solution.
Thank you for your response. We have found out what it is required to get the application back in the hands of those loveable Vermontians. Copies of proof of divorce from my fiance (which we do not see spelled out anywhere for this app). Who cares' it's sorted. One more thing, what's the story of the I-134 affadvit? What is required in the form of proof? Pay stubs (how far back and how many?). Tax returns? What else? Thank you.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

Thank you for your response. We have found out what it is required to get the application back in the hands of those loveable Vermontians. Copies of proof of divorce from my fiance (which we do not see spelled out anywhere for this app). Who cares' it's sorted. One more thing, what's the story of the I-134 affadvit? What is required in the form of proof? Pay stubs (how far back and how many?). Tax returns? What else? Thank you.
Depends on where your fiance is.

Generally the following are required:
1)Letter from employer stating nature of employment full/part time, salary, date of hire, etc (requirements are listed in I-134 instructions.
2) Letter from bank providing last year's worth of deposit etc, also in instructions.
3) Usually required although it depends on the consulate your fiancee will be dealing with...most recent 3 years worth of tax returns.

I also provided my fiance with one month's worth of pay stubs since my current income wasn't reflected in any of my tax returns. I also gave the most recent statements from my investments and a copy of the bluebook value of my car from the internet. I think that's everything. This is just from my own experience and it was enough to get my fiance here. I did not require a cosponsor because my current income was above the 125% level.

The instructions are pretty clear as far as what's required although the tax returns aren't explicited required although I know they were the first thing that were asked for when my fiance went for his interview. Like I said, this is just from my own personal experience.

I hope this helps. Best of luck...we went through Vermont too and it looks like since we applied they have sped up by about two weeks so you're in a good place.

We're also in Pennsylvania and will be posting all of our Philly DO experiences as well as SSN, and DMV experiences. PM me if you have any questions regarding Philly AOS etc. We will be applying in about a week or so.

Good luck on a speedy approval!
MarDae
Old Jan 20th 2004, 3:30 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your response. We have found out what it is required to get the application back in the hands of those loveable Vermontians. Copies of proof of divorce from my fiance (which we do not see spelled out anywhere for this app).
You did not read instruction 5.D ? This is a paper-work intensive process, careful reading of the instructions is important to get it all done without unnecessary delays.

One more thing, what's the story of the I-134 affadvit? What is required in the form of proof? Pay stubs (how far back and how many?). Tax returns? What else? Thank you.
The package that your fiancee will receive from the consulate in her country will contain a document known as DS-2000 that will give the instructions for what must be provided to meet the requirements to show that she will not become a public charge. Different embassies may have slightly different requirements for what they want to see, one can't always go by the instructions for the I-134 only (although is does help to read those instructions).

Regards, JEff