A monthly UK budget

Old Feb 28th 2018, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A monthly UK budget

Originally Posted by verystormy
I cant think of a single occupation that needs someone to work in London.
MP?
Old Feb 28th 2018, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Monarch ?
Old Feb 28th 2018, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Supreme court judge.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

minhan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the suggestions for job. That sound great!!!!
Old Feb 28th 2018, 9:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
If you're a US citizen you'll need to apply for a spouse visa to live in the UK with your husband, and as part of that application you'll pay a health surcharge - this means you'll be covered by the NHS from day 1.
That sounds civilised.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 9:45 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
That sounds civilised.
Very! The health surcharge will increase in April from £200 to £400 per year for settlement/spouse visa holders while they're still under immigration control, and it's still a screaming bargain
Old Mar 1st 2018, 9:07 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Very! The health surcharge will increase in April from £200 to £400 per year for settlement/spouse visa holders while they're still under immigration control, and it's still a screaming bargain
It certainly is a screaming bargain for the recipient, for the host country not so much methinks - Jill who works in an Amazon warehouse has to pay extra income tax so that Bill from abroad gets a cheap deal.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 9:52 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
It certainly is a screaming bargain for the recipient, for the host country not so much methinks - Jill who works in an Amazon warehouse has to pay extra income tax so that Bill from abroad gets a cheap deal.
I'm a non EU migrant and while I'm very grateful for the NHS, I don't feel in the slightest bit guilty for using it.

I pay income, Council, VAT and all taxes in the UK
I pay all the fees associated with my visa which allows me to live in the UK with my Brit husband, which by the time I gain UK citizenship 5 years after arriving will total over £7,000
I work on a volunteer basis to provide support and assistance to local people with dementia and their families
UK settlement migrants to my home country of Australia are eligible for full Medicare services immediately on arrival, and the two countries have a reciprocal health agreement

If you have a problem with me using the NHS, take it up with the UK government.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

An income of around £1500 a month gives me a single old-fogey. quite a comfortable life. I do not smoke or drink. I do not have a car.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 10:18 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a non EU migrant and while I'm very grateful for the NHS, I don't feel in the slightest bit guilty for using it.

I pay income, Council, VAT and all taxes in the UK
I pay all the fees associated with my visa which allows me to live in the UK with my Brit husband, which by the time I gain UK citizenship 5 years after arriving will total over £7,000
I work on a volunteer basis to provide support and assistance to local people with dementia and their families
UK settlement migrants to my home country of Australia are eligible for full Medicare services immediately on arrival, and the two countries have a reciprocal health agreement

If you have a problem with me using the NHS, take it up with the UK government.
I wasn't poking at your specifically so calm down dear.

I was merely pointing out that the "screaming bargain" means someone can rock-up tomorrow as an immigrant and get tens of thousands of pounds of NHS help all for the bargain price of £400. But of course that has to be paid-for by someone else.

Your example is different if there is a reciprocal agreement, but that will not be the case for many or likely most countries.

As you were.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 10:30 am
Concierge

I wasn't poking at your specifically so calm down dear.

I was merely pointing out that the "screaming bargain" means someone can rock-up tomorrow as an immigrant and get tens of thousands of pounds of NHS help all for the bargain price of £400. But of course that has to be paid-for by someone else.

Your example is different if there is a reciprocal agreement, but that will not be the case for many or likely most countries.

As you were.
Thanks but I'm perfectly calm , the day I get rattled by a comment on an internet forum is the day I'll give it away

Carry on, dear.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Benson55 is an unknown quantity at this point

As long as you have internet you don't need a TV and cable not for a short rental time anyway.
Council tax needs to be taken into account.
Quality of food is the main thing, eat out every night and ya doomed to a huge bill.
Depends how much driving you do, what size car, insurance and maintenance costs can vary.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

- Jill who works in an Amazon warehouse has to pay extra income tax
Since when?
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Psyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond repute

OK, on the theme of UK budgets, I've looked through this thread and some other UK govt links, but am still not sure if me and my family could afford to make the move back to the UK. I earn the equivalent of about £52000 here in the USA, plus my employer chips in for a pretty good retirement package and most health insurance costs. We do ok, eat nice food, went back to the Uk for a holiday last year etc., but otherwise don't splurge too much. No cable tv, and cheap mobile phones and basic internet.

Looks like I might earn about £35000 for the same job in the UK (landscape architect). We are a family of four, with kids 2 and 4. We'd be ok with 1 car in UK and bus/train, not driving too much. My wife stays home right now and would like to continue to do so if we moved to the UK, but I'm not sure if £35000 is enough to do it, at least until the youngest turned 5 and she could work again. My home town is Dover where rent for a house for us with council tax would be about £1000 a month by the look of it, but where we would live would depend on where I could get a job. Definitely not London, or any other expensive cities. Do you think we could get by on my Uk salary? We have a little in savings we could use until my wife started working again.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Benson55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Really depends on your lifestyle.
Quality of food, car type and amount of travel, going out, clothes you buy, TV and internet.
Other folks can advise who may b sin the same situation with kids and rent but everyone is different.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.