Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

MN1 Form -- Use Immigration Attorney or Complete it myself?

MN1 Form -- Use Immigration Attorney or Complete it myself?

Old Aug 27th 2020, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Emma1420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MN1 Form -- Use Immigration Attorney or Complete it myself?

I was seeking assistance from anyone on the board who successfully completed an MN1 form for an adopted child (adopted via private domestic adoption in the US). I recently finalized an adoption, and now I'm gearing up to submit an MN1 form. However, given the application fee, I was considering hiring a solicitor to assist with completing the form and supplemental paperwork. However, most of the quotes I've gotten back for legal assistance are almost as much as the application fee itself. So I was wondering for others who have completed the MN1 form and had it approved, do you recommend using a solicitor? Do you think it's necessary? And obviously, if you have an recommendations I'd love those (either on the board or via PM). Basically, I'm happy to spend the money for legal help if it's something that is really worth doing.

I do admit when I tried to complete the form online, I got a lot of questions that were really confusing and I didn't think really applied to my case (things like needing references and recommendations). And I know my adoption agency can't provide me with a certificate of abandonment. They have told me just to use termination of parental rights.

Last edited by Emma1420; Aug 27th 2020 at 7:50 pm.