Missing home!!!

Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing home!!!

Originally Posted by weymouth1506
We live near clearwater. Its very beautiful here, lovely beaches, nice house but unfortunately its not really working for me yet. Im going to give it a go out here but i do believe that you know if your going to settle somewhere or not. There is to much about home that i miss. Ive spoken with my husband and i think we will return next year as hes not really settling either.
Hi Weymouth, I live in Madeira Beach so quite close to you. If you'd like to get together for a coffee and a natter then let me know. You can send me a private message here if you like
Old Jan 13th 2011, 3:37 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

We live near clearwater. Its very beautiful here, lovely beaches, nice house but unfortunately its not really working for me yet. Im going to give it a go out here but i do believe that you know if your going to settle somewhere or not. There is to much about home that i miss. Ive spoken with my husband and i think we will return next year as hes not really settling either.
At least you are both on the same page, thats a relief.
Maybe he can get a company transfer back to UK next year sometime.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

weymouth1506 is just really niceweymouth1506 is just really niceweymouth1506 is just really niceweymouth1506 is just really niceweymouth1506 is just really niceweymouth1506 is just really niceweymouth1506 is just really niceweymouth1506 is just really nice

Well thats what we are thinking. Luckily the company my husband works for has offices in the uk which is brill things now suddenly dnt look so bleak!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:44 am
Just Joined

melsie35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

I need some advice. I moved to florida with my husband at the end of october 2010. He works here i dont as i am only on a h4 visa. My problem is im very home sick i miss tv and the food here is disgusting. The first month was fine but now we have been here nearly three months i really dnt want to live here i want to return back to the uk. Is this long enough for me to realise this isnt for me??? I would like to hear from other people who are or have been in a similar situation as me. I have three children who also feel the same as me its only my husband that like it!! Help!!!!1
I was in your situation some 13 years ago. I remember the first six months I was here I went home at least four times (there was no recessions that time, these were the days when my husband's employer would pay for family trips). I only had one child at the time (eight months old). I could not work, was in the same situation as you. You should give it a little more time. How long are you here for? If only a year, embrace it knowing you are going home soon. If not, give yourself a deadline (a realistic one) and see how you feel then. After being her 13 plus years with three kids total, I am now feeling really homesick and looking to going back, but I can really say I took advantage of everything I could here.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

weymouth1506 is just really niceweymouth1506 is just really niceweymouth1506 is just really niceweymouth1506 is just really niceweymouth1506 is just really niceweymouth1506 is just really niceweymouth1506 is just really niceweymouth1506 is just really nice

Hi mels!

Well after long discussions with my husband we are looking at november 2012. But saying that over the weekend my husband seems to be pushing to stay here. I will return to england 100% i hate it being here im such an independent person although being married for nearly 20 years i have always worked. Im bored and homesick. I really dint care what my husband says he can stay out here. As much as i dint want to stay i am keeping my side of the bargain i will stay until next year. I have all ready done this once back in the uk i moved from my home town by the coast to the west midlands and hated it but stayed. I wont be bullied to stay somewhere i hate again. Life is to short and im not happy out here and i think you know when you know something feels right and this most definitely feels wrong!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

melsie35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi mels!

Well after long discussions with my husband we are looking at november 2012. But saying that over the weekend my husband seems to be pushing to stay here. I will return to england 100% i hate it being here im such an independent person although being married for nearly 20 years i have always worked. Im bored and homesick. I really dint care what my husband says he can stay out here. As much as i dint want to stay i am keeping my side of the bargain i will stay until next year. I have all ready done this once back in the uk i moved from my home town by the coast to the west midlands and hated it but stayed. I wont be bullied to stay somewhere i hate again. Life is to short and im not happy out here and i think you know when you know something feels right and this most definitely feels wrong!
I agree with you, life is too short and if it does not feel right do something about it.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 7:14 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mels!

Agreed. Maybe when he realizes you aren't going to change your mind, he'll come round and get ready to move in 2012. I hope so.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

I am going to stick at it as long as i can. And to be honest i didnt want to come out here in the first place but unfortunately my husband lost his job in the uk but managed to find work out here, i was working in a local hospital has a hca on the maternity ward, i have always worked and im extremely bored. I have managed to watch the soaps on you tube which to be fair is helping me through it. I realise i have to give it time and to be fair i did say i would give it at least 12 months. I miss my family so much my dad passed away suddenly a month before we moved which is difficult because my mum is really struggling. I do have brothers and a sister who are helping her through this but it still makes me feel guilty because i feel i should be there. Also i have a daughter in the uk who i miss like crazy. Its just so difficult.
Hi Weymouth,

I hope it does get better for you.

We moved to Western Australia. The first few months were tough. Kids just nearly 3 and 18 months. No friends. lonely, time difference, tv blah blah blah. It got much better for us towards the year mark and a few visitors really helped. It was from year 2 that I struggled. Mum was in the UK on her own as dad passed away a good few years before. I had another bubba and hearing mum struggle with the distance got to me. I missed her like mad and trust me our relationship wasn't perfect by a lot shot and it has heeled many of our cracks. I think we are getting each other these days.

We are now back home and it's the best thing I did because I wasn't coping at all with it anymore.

It's definitely worth hanging in there a while longer but I wish I had made my decision to return after 2 years and saved myself 18 months of heart ache, stress and upset.

Good luck. It does change for many xx
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sunrise, Florida, now S.C USA, soon to be back In Brum, UK
hayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to all

Hi all

I need some advice. I moved to florida with my husband at the end of october 2010. He works here i dont as i am only on a h4 visa. My problem is im very home sick i miss tv and the food here is disgusting. The first month was fine but now we have been here nearly three months i really dnt want to live here i want to return back to the uk. Is this long enough for me to realise this isnt for me??? I would like to hear from other people who are or have been in a similar situation as me. I have three children who also feel the same as me its only my husband that like it!! Help!!!!1

I was just like you... i moved to Fort Lauderdale Florida 20 years ago with my parents I was 12 now i am 32 , so yes that is different.. at first it was hard my mom was the same and we were very home sick for about 6 months or so.... i was for longer.. i loved growing up in florida i lived in orlando for a while also.. i now plan on moving back to the UK this summer but i gave it 20 years.. where in Florida are you... i know most of the state and being a Brit myself I may be able to tell you some places to go that you may enjoy i know loads of english pubs and places with other english people this may help you settle a little and feel less alone... good luck.. stay strong....

get bbc america to help u with t.v... some things will be an adjustment though as thy will for me going back...

Last edited by hayleyatfla; Jan 18th 2011 at 11:31 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

I most definitely wont be here no longer than november 2012 thats my deadline. I never ever wanted to come to america not even on holiday. Hats off to you guys who have stuck at it for years. The only thing that is keeping me going is knowing that i will be returning back home by the end of next year. I am managing to watch all my soaps on you tube which is fab! I cant watch american tv it drives me insane!!!
Old Jan 19th 2011, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sunrise, Florida, now S.C USA, soon to be back In Brum, UK
hayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to allhayleyatfla is a name known to all

We live near clearwater. Its very beautiful here, lovely beaches, nice house but unfortunately its not really working for me yet. Im going to give it a go out here but i do believe that you know if your going to settle somewhere or not. There is to much about home that i miss. Ive spoken with my husband and i think we will return next year ass not really settling either.
im sorry must be the wine.. lol are you from the the wine.. are you form the west midlands ? im from birmingham.... big UK wearhouse open to the public in orlando if u go out there, its great.. sausages , bacon, pot noodls the works...
Old Jan 19th 2011, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Of course this is just initial homesickness and most of us on this list have spent a lifetime here. The USA has given my children superb educations (psychiatrist and lawyer) not to mention (for many years) a superb lifestyle. Foods not so important. What do you love......animals.....volunteer at a shelter......children........volunteer at your local school........church........volunteer at the food bank......there is so much to give you a sense of purpose. You will make good friendships as a bonus.
I am not sure where you live but please give life a chance in the wonderful USA. I don't this forum is healthy for you. Relax.......
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Initially i am from dorset but moved to birmingham and lived there for 11 years then we moved to bromsgrove we lived there for 6 years my husband is a brummie!! Food is a massive issue for me and it is a concern that some many additives are added to foods out here, maybe this isnt a problem for anyone else but it is for me. I will stay and try and make the most of it whilst i am here but it is difficult.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Initially i am from dorset but moved to birmingham and lived there for 11 years then we moved to bromsgrove we lived there for 6 years my husband is a brummie!! Food is a massive issue for me and it is a concern that some many additives are added to foods out here, maybe this isnt a problem for anyone else but it is for me. I will stay and try and make the most of it whilst i am here but it is difficult.
You can order many organic foods on Amazon

We eat an as close to British -ish diet here in Indiana ...the longer you stay the easier it will be for you to find little tricks to get by .

I agree that until you find your feet ,you might find it more help to hang out in the USA section -ONLY because they don't talk of going home regularly lol !!!!!

Very good luck
Old Jan 19th 2011, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

madmusician_uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Food is a huge issue for me too I'm very anti-GM, and I know that most american soy is GM. Soy, in some form or other is in practically everything! Luckily there is a wholefoods near where I live, so I shop there for everything. I couldn't imagine not having wholefoods though, I'd probably have a very limited diet otherwise!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.