MISSING HOME...

Old Jan 25th 2008, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MISSING HOME...

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I love winter. It was -2 here a couple days ago, but only a dusting of snow.
You're a sick sick puppy.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

ukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud of

STUFF That !! LOL

I like my HEAT

I remember going to bed in UK looking like a bloody bag lady !

Two pairs of socks, a top, sweater and a jacket, sweat pants and WALLY BOTTLE !!

Only things I still use is my WALLY Bottle

Wish I could get a new cover for it though

Elaine
Old Jan 25th 2008, 6:55 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I know there are duvets and blankets there....

Now I could do with a hot water bottle. We're supposed to get a break from our horrible current weather (highs in single deg C, pissing rain, grey) by tomorrow afternoon.... but winter will return. Don't mind too much really, summer is forever.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

ElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ukelaine
STUFF That !! LOL

I like my HEAT

I remember going to bed in UK looking like a bloody bag lady !

Two pairs of socks, a top, sweater and a jacket, sweat pants and WALLY BOTTLE !!

Only things I still use is my WALLY Bottle

Wish I could get a new cover for it though

Elaine

I remember that. One winter I also wore a balaclava and a duffle coat to bed, it was that cold.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 1:02 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElaineQ
I remember that. One winter I also wore a balaclava and a duffle coat to bed, it was that cold.
Just lately I've been leaving the bedroom windows open for some bracing Scottish winter air, necessitating two duvets, thick socks, and three layers of clothing. I draw the line at balaclavas in bed though.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all

Well we have been forecast for a winter storm watch and about another 9 inches of snow.
Incidently there are a few Brits up here in the frozen end of Idaho.And there are quite a few living at the Air force base outside of Spokane.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:23 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hurkemnl
Have just moved from Hertfordshire to the Pacific Northwest, State of Washington, been here nearly 3 months and can't seem to accept how different everything is here...especially the people (not the brightest bunch)!
I wrote and lost (not the brightest bunch remember!) an answer to your other post.. if you ever come back to the boards, I hope you'll expand your horizons about 20 minutes south. I think you'll find more of what you are looking for in Portland. You live in a small town that was mostly farms until a few years ago.

Check out the Saturday Market when they reopen in March--there's a fellow with a booth down there who makes the yummiest pies.

Tons of British groceries to be found--Cost Plus World Market and just about any of the natural food stores (New Seasons, Whole Foods etc).

And lots of pubs. Try the HorseBrass on SE Belmont. They also have a grocery store.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Peacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nicePeacefulove is just really nice

Originally Posted by hurkemnl
Hey fellow Brits!

Have just moved from Hertfordshire to the Pacific Northwest, State of Washington, been here nearly 3 months and can't seem to accept how different everything is here...especially the people (not the brightest bunch)! Maybe just missing things British?? Like a sense of humour!!!

I was craving beans on toast the other day and all I could find was Weenie Beenies, tins of beans and sausages! They didn't compare to Heinz, but did the trick! Anyone know where you can get Bisto gravy???

Do you ever stop feeling like you just want to go back to all things familiar???
Hello!

I get my Bisto and Heinz at Meijer supermarket. Dont know if theres one by you. Otherwise Jewel and Dominicks supermarkets have british food sections with Baked beans and bisto gravy and other stuffs as well
Old Jan 28th 2008, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ElaineQ
Even had Dads old army coat on the bed after mum tucked us in like a boat as she said.Couldn't bloody move.One thing for sure was we hardly ever sick.