Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Merry Christmas to you all

Wikiposts

Merry Christmas to you all

Old Dec 22nd 2009, 1:57 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Merry Christmas to you all

I hope that you all have a great Christmas and a fantastic New Year, and that 2010 brings you lots of joy.

What are you all doing over Christmas? We are spending a quiet time at home this year, no visitors. Just me, Paul our son and the dog.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 5:15 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Merry Christmas to you all

Merry Christmas to you too.
We are at the Sister in laws Thursday and home Friday traditional Turkey and all the trimmings, me, Dh, Mum, the kids and the cat.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 6:28 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Merry Christmas everyone

As this is our first UK christmas for 10yrs, we are having a huge family get together at my daugthers house. 13 people all up.
Roast duck on the menu alongside the usual traditional fayre.

I, more than most, know how difficult it can be being far away from home and loved ones this time of year, but i hope all of you try to have a good time.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 6:31 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Flea, Happy Christmas to you and to everyone and of course best wishes for a great 2010 and beyond.

Home alone for Xmas then to South East Asia then to Gambia with Family.

...shopping today!
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 7:55 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours Sue.
My brother and his family are over here from Melboune for the holidays so there will be about 19 of us for dinner at my parents house. We've put up a big gazebo in the garden to fit us all in as the dining room isn't big enough. It's had some flooring put in, we'll put heaters in there and we'll put a bbq in there too.
Should be interesting as a top temp of 4C is forecast

Julie.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 11:37 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
As this is our first UK christmas for 10yrs, we are having a huge family get together at my daugthers house. 13 people all up.
Roast duck on the menu alongside the usual traditional fayre.
Originally Posted by Juliecabs
My brother and his family are over here from Melboune for the holidays so there will be about 19 of us for dinner at my parents house.
Wow, the most I've ever cooked for over Christmas is 6 adults and 2 little ones. Think I would have heart failure if I had to cook for 13 and 19!!! I do envy you having all the family around though. After all that's what Christmas is all about really and it is at Christmas that we tend to miss those back in the UK more than usual. Have a wonderful time together .... lots of cooking or not
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 11:46 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Wow, the most I've ever cooked for over Christmas is 6 adults and 2 little ones. Think I would have heart failure if I had to cook for 13 and 19!!! I do envy you having all the family around though. After all that's what Christmas is all about really and it is at Christmas that we tend to miss those back in the UK more than usual. Have a wonderful time together .... lots of cooking or not
Oh no, no, no! I am big chief matriarc now I have a plan!

Mr flea in charge of roasting the ducks.
Me in charge of honey glazed parsnips, carrots and pigs in blankets..plus table laying
Daughter number 1 in charge of roast spuds and steam veg
Daughter number 2 in charge of desserts and keeping the rugrats out the way.

Easy
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 11:49 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
I hope that you all have a great Christmas and a fantastic New Year, and that 2010 brings you lots of joy.

What are you all doing over Christmas? We are spending a quiet time at home this year, no visitors. Just me, Paul our son and the dog.
Merry Christmas to you Sue, and to all the mods who give freely of their time to BE.

Suzy and I will spend Christmas morning and midday walking out on the snowy moor, and eating whatever we feel like (sushi? crispy duck? Bought a variety of nontraditional meals from M&S foodstore yesterday).

In the evening we're having dinner with friends in the village, contingent on whether their daughter gives birth. Actually, that should say dependent on WHEN she gives birth (she's due around Christmas) - I think it's pretty inevitable that she will give birth at some time or other! If she spouts a sprog on Christmas Day, Suzy and I will be dog-sitting their Border Collie Abey (in which case Suzy, Abey and I may share a pizza!)
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 3:04 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Happy Christmas all

No cooking for me, we are all eating out...good stuff eh
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Christmas everyone. It's great to be home (i'm sure I have mentioned that before)
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 5:04 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by kevin747
Happy Christmas everyone. It's great to be home (i'm sure I have mentioned that before)
Yes........ and i thought you had done with this place
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Yes........ and i thought you had done with this place
Just popping in briefly to wish people well and to make sure ABCD and Hutch are not at there self delusional worst
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 5:34 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Oh no, no, no! I am big chief matriarc now I have a plan!

Mr flea in charge of roasting the ducks.
Me in charge of honey glazed parsnips, carrots and pigs in blankets..plus table laying
Daughter number 1 in charge of roast spuds and steam veg
Daughter number 2 in charge of desserts and keeping the rugrats out the way.

Easy
Who is in charge of topping up the glasses?
Carol

I'll do it !
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 5:36 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kevin747
I thought you were done with us all to!
See you just can't keep away just like myself!

Carol

All have a very merry Christmas and happy New Year.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

Merry Christmas to everyone

hope every one gets what they want this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.