British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Meet-ups for 50's and 60's who have moved back to UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/meet-ups-50s-60s-who-have-moved-back-uk-650902/)

Easterndawn Jan 23rd 2010 7:29 pm

Meet-ups for 50's and 60's who have moved back to UK

Hi, I would love to meet up with expats who have lived overseas for many years. I live in Ayrshire, Scotland and would like to meet up with people who have moved back. If you are interested, we could perhaps get people together.

dunroving Jan 23rd 2010 7:40 pm

Re: Meet-ups for 50's and 60's who have moved back to UK

Originally Posted by Easterndawn (Post 8276016)
Hi, I would love to meet up with expats who have lived overseas for many years. I live in Ayrshire, Scotland and would like to meet up with people who have moved back. If you are interested, we could perhaps get people together.

I'm north of Glasgow, glad to meet up. I have a dog, too. ;)

Beedubya Jan 24th 2010 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Easterndawn (Post 8276016)

I'd love to ED, but too far away from Somerset :(

Easterndawn Jan 24th 2010 8:18 am

Maybe this summer, trains are cheap and easy. Would love to see Somerset for a day.

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 8276923)
I'd love to ED, but too far away from Somerset :(

Easterndawn Jan 24th 2010 8:20 am

We could meet in Glasgow some day for lunch perhaps?

Originally Posted by dunroving (Post 8276039)
I'm north of Glasgow, glad to meet up. I have a dog, too. ;)

bithbheo Jan 24th 2010 10:12 am

If I can get my hubby to move back and stop procrastinating so much would love to meet up when we are back in Livingston.......He is doing my head in at the moment "yes we are/no we are not yet !!!!!!! :frown:

dunroving Jan 24th 2010 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Easterndawn (Post 8276959)
We could meet in Glasgow some day for lunch perhaps?

You're on - maybe others in the area could come too?

After 3 years here I am still ignorant of good spots to meet and eat, but can ask about. I presume you'd be using public transport ... I work on the outskirts of the city ... but have flexibility with my schedule so can meet either in the city centre or somewhere like the West End that has good rail access.

Maybe if there's no other takers we can sort something out via PM?

Beedubya Jan 24th 2010 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Easterndawn (Post 8276956)
Maybe this summer, trains are cheap and easy. Would love to see Somerset for a day.

That would be lovely :D

As you mention train travel I wondered if you had got out and about yet? I used to go somewhere most weekends when I lived in the Lake District.

Easterndawn Jan 24th 2010 12:37 pm

As long as it close to Central Railway Station as that is the only area I have been to so far, though would love to be able to spend time their visiting museums etc.. I am sure there must be more BE that we could be advertising?

Originally Posted by dunroving (Post 8277255)
You're on - maybe others in the area could come too?

After 3 years here I am still ignorant of good spots to meet and eat, but can ask about. I presume you'd be using public transport ... I work on the outskirts of the city ... but have flexibility with my schedule so can meet either in the city centre or somewhere like the West End that has good rail access.

Maybe if there's no other takers we can sort something out via PM?

Easterndawn Jan 24th 2010 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 8277305)
That would be lovely :D

As you mention train travel I wondered if you had got out and about yet? I used to go somewhere most weekends when I lived in the Lake District.

I yearn to, every weekend comes and it drives me crazy. As that was when husband and I used to get in car, pack picnic lunch and take off with no real destination planned but it always ended as a great day with a new adventure under our belt:) The only reason is financial at this point and hopefully this will change soon:fingerscrossed:

Beedubya Jan 24th 2010 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Easterndawn (Post 8277354)
I yearn to, every weekend comes and it drives me crazy. As that was whn husband and I used to get in car, pack picnic lunch and take off with no real destination planned but it always ended as a great day with a new adventure under our belt:) The only reason is financial at this point and hopefully this will change soon:fingerscrossed:

It will happen for you ED, how can it not after all that you have done to carve out a complete new life for yourself. :D