Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Was meant to be flying back tonight BUT!

Was meant to be flying back tonight BUT!

Old Feb 24th 2011, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was meant to be flying back tonight BUT!

Originally Posted by MnB
Hi Cally....Not sure where you are on South Island? see you've posted on NZ forum so hope you're OK?.....not long now before you head out, unless your plans have been forced to change again?, hopefully they haven't and you will still get on that plane on 5th March would be good to know B x
Hi there, im in Nelson and due to fly out on 5th March Air NZ from Auckland at 11pm via LA arive heathrow at 10.40am on the
Feeling very nervous about leaving family behind nowand very sad with all thats happening in Christchurch, but i keep reminding myself i am just going for a look to see how i feell about staying so i can return any time nothing is set in stone......It's the only way i can step on the plane and leave the grandchildren behind.
Talk soon xxx
Old Feb 25th 2011, 2:15 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was meant to be flying back tonight BUT!

Originally Posted by cally49
Hi there, im in Nelson and due to fly out on 5th March Air NZ from Auckland at 11pm via LA arive heathrow at 10.40am on the
Feeling very nervous about leaving family behind nowand very sad with all thats happening in Christchurch, but i keep reminding myself i am just going for a look to see how i feell about staying so i can return any time nothing is set in stone......It's the only way i can step on the plane and leave the grandchildren behind.
Talk soon xxx
Phew.....so glad you're not caught up in the harrowing events in ChCh, it is so sad and must be absolutely devastating for them......feeling very helpless and remote here....keeping everything crossed for everyone there.

I'm sure it will be very hard to leave your Grandchildren, and agree...it would be 10000++ worse if you knew it was going to be a for ever move. Take your time, enjoy being back and see how it goes!!... sounds a good plan.. Safe travels & happy landings!
B x
Old Feb 27th 2011, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Was meant to be flying back tonight BUT!

Originally Posted by MnB
Phew.....so glad you're not caught up in the harrowing events in ChCh, it is so sad and must be absolutely devastating for them......feeling very helpless and remote here....keeping everything crossed for everyone there.

I'm sure it will be very hard to leave your Grandchildren, and agree...it would be 10000++ worse if you knew it was going to be a for ever move. Take your time, enjoy being back and see how it goes!!... sounds a good plan.. Safe travels & happy landings!
B x
Awww thanks for your kind words i will be sure and let you know how i get on! Talk soon xx