Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Was meant to be flying back tonight BUT!

Was meant to be flying back tonight BUT!

Old Feb 7th 2011, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Was meant to be flying back tonight BUT!

Originally Posted by MnB
so glad you got that over with!! hope you soon recover from the trauma & chest infection......5th March not too much longer to wait enjoy the sun ....it's still a bit chilly here but hope by March it'll be warmer....we'll def be more hours of daylight by then tho
B
DAYLIGHT! oh my goodness i completely forgot about the dark afternoons lol (packing my trusty torch as i type...)
It is going to feel pretty weird as its been way over 30 here the last few days and 40 further down south and its raining and flooding in aus its like its all switched around deff changes in the weather worldwide i think.....

But as you say not long now till i fly, my cases are still packed from when i had to postpone so living out of a suitcase already lol.......Will keep you all updated as i can......Cally x
Old Feb 7th 2011, 1:13 am
Just Joined

MrsHawkini is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Was meant to be flying back tonight BUT!

Glad you are sorted out and able to prepare yourself for the return!

I had to post, as your "Sod's Law" issue with the dentist has just happened to my husband...

We are flying out 26th to start our adventure in the US, hubby went to dentist and they said as we were going to be travelling 6 weeks later, it would be best to have a wisdom tooth removed rather than risk any issues before our health insurance in the US kicks in.

So with 3 weeks to go he went on Friday to get it done. Less than 20 minutes later he was out looking very grey - the tooth had broken and the roots were left behind. The Dentist had told him there was no tooth left above the gum and he needed a referral to the dental hospital to extract it.... 3 mth waiting list! I called to see if we could pay privately, but we would still have to delay flights. Now it is pre existing I doubt his HC through work would cover it and I do not have a clue how much he would have to pay as I am still trying to get to grips with it all!

From what I understand of your situation, he just needs to get it removed in the next 20 years!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:26 am
Nyz
Forum Regular

Nyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no what a shame. Hope you're pain-free very soon and back on your way home!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHawkini
Glad you are sorted out and able to prepare yourself for the return!

I had to post, as your "Sod's Law" issue with the dentist has just happened to my husband...

We are flying out 26th to start our adventure in the US, hubby went to dentist and they said as we were going to be travelling 6 weeks later, it would be best to have a wisdom tooth removed rather than risk any issues before our health insurance in the US kicks in.

So with 3 weeks to go he went on Friday to get it done. Less than 20 minutes later he was out looking very grey - the tooth had broken and the roots were left behind. The Dentist had told him there was no tooth left above the gum and he needed a referral to the dental hospital to extract it.... 3 mth waiting list! I called to see if we could pay privately, but we would still have to delay flights. Now it is pre existing I doubt his HC through work would cover it and I do not have a clue how much he would have to pay as I am still trying to get to grips with it all!

From what I understand of your situation, he just needs to get it removed in the next 20 years!
Oh dear thats no good i have to say though if that was me id be kicking up a bit of a stink as they shouldnt have left him like that the poor bloke will be in agony if they are exposed and they should have sent him to some emergency place to get the job finished it sounds very negligent to me (i hope he doesnt have to wait 20 yrs lol they had to cut a huge line inside my mouth in the gum closest to the cheek area and about half an inch toward the front of my mouth so i now have stitches round my exhisting teeth as well as at the back if i was you i would find out if there is anything you can do about this asap.

I do hope he doesnt have to wait until they start getting infected and playing up i dont think they can call it pre exhisting as its something the dentist started and then didnt finish id be talking to the HC work people and see what they have to say. I can say sfter havign mine done i can now see why the surgeon didnt want me flying a week or so after!

My biggest issue now is do i qualify for a visit from the tooth fairy...seeing as it was only part of a tooth (must read the fine print lol)
Good luck with getting it sorted let us know how he gets on. And the best of luck with you move to the US!
Cheers
Cally
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nyz
Oh no what a shame. Hope you're pain-free very soon and back on your way home!
Thanks for that mind you im pleased i waited and got it sorted it would have been awful to get to the UK and have all the drama of getting it sorted
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:25 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cally49
Thanks for that mind you im pleased i waited and got it sorted it would have been awful to get to the UK and have all the drama of getting it sorted
Glad to hear you are back on track.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:56 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

DAYLIGHT! oh my goodness i completely forgot about the dark afternoons lol (packing my trusty torch as i type...)
It is going to feel pretty weird as its been way over 30 here the last few days and 40 further down south and its raining and flooding in aus its like its all switched around deff changes in the weather worldwide i think.....

But as you say not long now till i fly, my cases are still packed from when i had to postpone so living out of a suitcase already lol.......Will keep you all updated as i can......Cally x
daylight 'till 17.30ish now so you will def have missed the dark afternoons .... positively balmy 8 degrees at 08.00 this morning so you may need your thermals rather than your torches
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MnB
daylight 'till 17.30ish now so you will def have missed the dark afternoons .... positively balmy 8 degrees at 08.00 this morning so you may need your thermals rather than your torches
Ohhhhh unpacking bikinis to make room for thermals lol
Old Feb 8th 2011, 11:53 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhhhh unpacking bikinis to make room for thermals lol
....yeah, good move .....but you'll need your bikinis for those cheap european hols you'll be able to enjoy
Old Feb 8th 2011, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

Originally Posted by MnB
Its -39 here this morning without the wind chill......so i will take rain,8 degrees any thing it gives me when i get back LOL
Old Feb 8th 2011, 3:31 pm
MnB

Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
Its -39 here this morning without the wind chill......so i will take rain,8 degrees any thing it gives me when i get back LOL
It will be 'positively balmy' for you then ..... Beautiful sunny day today, -1 at 0800, slight frost and mist but sun soon cleared it
Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Funni ive never been on a holiday abroad from the uk so that will be something to look 4 ward to my brother has his boat permenantly moored in France so will be a few trips there no doubt! Yeeha!
Old Feb 8th 2011, 11:59 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

How naive am I? It never occurred to me that you could have more than four wisdoms Glad it's all sorted though. Have a good, pain free trip.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
How naive am I? It never occurred to me that you could have more than four wisdoms Glad it's all sorted though. Have a good, pain free trip.
Lol well you and me both but a friend told me yesterday that her son had 6! I think we should get a discount after 4 lol (bulk deal) Thanks for your message will keep you all up to date on my antics when i get there! My mum (bless her heart) seems pretty set on getting me on a shopping trip via coach lol oh and bingo as well apparently lmao!
Old Feb 24th 2011, 10:01 pm
MnB

Have had to postpone my flight now until 5th March due to a tooth abscess. ............
Cheers
Cally
Hi Cally....Not sure where you are on South Island? see you've posted on NZ forum so hope you're OK?.....not long now before you head out, unless your plans have been forced to change again?, hopefully they haven't and you will still get on that plane on 5th March would be good to know B x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.