Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Was meant to be flying back tonight BUT!

Was meant to be flying back tonight BUT!

Old Jan 28th 2011, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Was meant to be flying back tonight BUT!

Have had to postpone my flight now until 5th March due to a tooth abscess. Been on strong antibiotics for a week but the problem is caused by any one of the following A piece of wisdom tooth left behind from 20 odd yrs ago a new wisdom tooth or a root from one of those teeth! (bear in mind that i had 5 wisdom teeth out over 20yrs ago!)

And so now i have an appointment with an oral surgeon on 3rd Feb to remove this tooth and also yet another wisdom tooth he has found on the xray, same side but at the top!!!!!!

The problem with it is the one causing the abscess unfortunately it is very deep down and is almost touching the nerve that controls feeling in the lip and so he said if that gets damagedwhich obviously he will do his best to avoid, it can take up to 12months to get feeling back in the lip (fantastic i'll be dribbling like a baby for 12 months lol) and he needs me to stay here for 3 weeks after the surgery so im grounded.....Not having a good time of it recently had a weird thing apear on my chest just below my collar bone which got cut out 10 days ago and has 8 stitches in it (that thankfully came back clear) And now im on antibiotics for a shitty chest infection do you think someone is trying to tell me something lol.....
I now get to heathrow on 6th March (i'll be the one wearing a bag over my head after this little lot, not to mention the hole in my pocket lmao
Cheers
Cally

Last edited by cally49; Jan 28th 2011 at 8:39 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Was meant to be flying back tonight BUT!

Originally Posted by cally49
Have had to postpone my flight now until 5th March due to a tooth abscess. Been on strong antibiotics for a week but the problem is caused by any one of the following A piece of wisdom tooth left behind from 20 odd yrs ago a new wisdom tooth or a root from one of those teeth! (bear in mind that i had 5 wisdom teeth out over 20yrs ago!)

And so now i have an appointment with an oral surgeon on 3rd Feb to remove this tooth and also yet another wisdom tooth he has found on the xray, same side but at the top!!!!!!

The problem with it is the one causing the abscess unfortunately it is very deep down and is almost touching the nerve that controls feeling in the lip and so he said if that gets damagedwhich obviously he will do his best to avoid, it can take up to 12months to get feeling back in the lip (fantastic i'll be dribbling like a baby for 12 months lol) and he needs me to stay here for 3 weeks after the surgery so im grounded.....Not having a good time of it recently had a weird thing apear on my chest just below my collar bone which got cut out 10 days ago and has 8 stitches in it (that thankfully came back clear) And now im on antibiotics for a shitty chest infection do you think someone is trying to tell me something lol.....
I now get to heathrow on 6th March (i'll be the one wearing a bag over my head after this little lot, not to mention the hole in my pocket lmao
Cheers
Cally
You poor thing. I do hope you recover quickly. Sometimes you wonder just why everything happens at these times!!

Take care
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Cally
Well thats a bit of a bugger isn't. Hope you get well soon The Dentist ..
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:24 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Cally
Ouch!......you poor thing best to get it sorted though rather than have a throbbing, swollen face on a 23hr flight
It should be warmer here by then , the spring flowers will be coming into their own and the days will be longer so some positives to look forward to
Hope the treatment goes ok
B x
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:58 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no thats awful I hope he can get it all without damage
Old Jan 29th 2011, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Was meant to be flying back tonight BUT!

Thanks everyone for your kind words it's just one of those things i guess and as you say it will be warmer by the time i go apparently its still a bit chilly at the moment.....Not looking forward to getting the teeth done but its something that has to be done its a long enough flight as it is without a toothache lol xxx
Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:14 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for your kind words it's just one of those things i guess and as you say it will be warmer by the time i go apparently its still a bit chilly at the moment.....Not looking forward to getting the teeth done but its something that has to be done its a long enough flight as it is without a toothache lol xxx
Hope it all goes well Cally.

You will be just in time for some nice spring flowers.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Hope it all goes well Cally.

You will be just in time for some nice spring flowers.
Thanx a bunch' ( pardon the pun lol) x
Old Jan 29th 2011, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

yeah i say "every thing happens for a reason".......its not pleasant in your case,but it will turn out for you.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Update!
Had the offending artical removed by the oral surgeon and what he found was a 4mm hole in the bone so he followed that down and found 1/4 of the crown of an old wisdom tooth left behind after they were originally taken out.

Took him 2hrs to get it out as it had slipped right down below the root of the tooth in front and he had to break it up in the end to get at it..A very clever man he was and i have feeling back in my Lip! Yeeha So apart from feeling a bit crap, having a bruised swollen face at min and back on more antibiotics as it had reinfected, i should be on that Air NZ flight on 5th March!

The bonus is they said they had majorly underquoted me the price ($775)as it took an hour longer than expected (he had to cancel his next appointment) but they wouldnt charge me any more because it was a quote sooooooo i was pretty relieved about that....
Old Feb 6th 2011, 3:56 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Thank goodness that over, it sounds awful. I'm a huge chicken at the dentists.
Countdown on to March 5th
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Thank goodness that over, it sounds awful. I'm a huge chicken at the dentists.
Countdown on to March 5th
It was really funny actually the dentist gave me these glasses to put on and ever the clown i said omg a 3d movie lol

I spent the entire 2hrs looking at the cieling wishing there was a bloody movie playing lol but i talked myself calm lol by thinking of being anywhere but the dentists lol he couldnt believe how calm i had been under the circumstances he said afterwards if you were nervousyou werent showing it cthen he said imagine how nervous i was i had to get the thing out lmao....

Im getting much better now though and if it wasnt for this chest infection id be feeling rather chuffed with myself lol.....Hopefully its not pneumonia i get the results back tommorow so we shall see and deal with that then....
Hope you are having a nice weekend its really hot here!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

It was really funny actually the dentist gave me these glasses to put on and ever the clown i said omg a 3d movie lol

I spent the entire 2hrs looking at the cieling wishing there was a bloody movie playing lol but i talked myself calm lol by thinking of being anywhere but the dentists lol he couldnt believe how calm i had been under the circumstances he said afterwards if you were nervousyou werent showing it cthen he said imagine how nervous i was i had to get the thing out lmao....

Im getting much better now though and if it wasnt for this chest infection id be feeling rather chuffed with myself lol.....Hopefully its not pneumonia i get the results back tommorow so we shall see and deal with that then....
Hope you are having a nice weekend its really hot here!
Oh 5th of March won't be long coming around,i bet your so excited to get back.Where are you going back to again? what part of the UK?
glad you are on the mend too
Old Feb 6th 2011, 2:26 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

so glad you got that over with!! hope you soon recover from the trauma & chest infection......5th March not too much longer to wait enjoy the sun ....it's still a bit chilly here but hope by March it'll be warmer....we'll def be more hours of daylight by then tho
B
Old Feb 7th 2011, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
Oh 5th of March won't be long coming around,i bet your so excited to get back.Where are you going back to again? what part of the UK?
glad you are on the mend too
Hi there i will be in Lincolnshire I am getting excited and yes im pleased im on the mend......Talk soon x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.