Marmite....it's true!!!

Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:17 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Marmite....it's true!!!

I love vegemite never tried marmite does it taste the same??

kezx
Old Jul 14th 2007, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

tom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nice

I was just munching on a few Marmite sarnies for breakfast and was wondering. Is there anywhere that I will be able to get big jars of the stuff over there? I have to bring it back to Germany with me every time I go to the UK, will I have to do the same in Toronto?

I can get the tiiiny jars here and I have seen normal jars over there, but I get through an insane amount of the stuff. Its big jars for me!

Damn, I am full up, no more marmite for me!

Tom...
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom17
I was just munching on a few Marmite sarnies for breakfast and was wondering. Is there anywhere that I will be able to get big jars of the stuff over there? I have to bring it back to Germany with me every time I go to the UK, will I have to do the same in Toronto?

I can get the tiiiny jars here and I have seen normal jars over there, but I get through an insane amount of the stuff. Its big jars for me!

Damn, I am full up, no more marmite for me!

Tom...
Why don't you ask this question in the Canadian forum? I'm sure there's lots of people there who will answer your question or any other questions you have about Toronto/Canada.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

tom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nice

oops, I did a search for it and I thought this thread was in the Canada forum only. Sorry
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom17
oops, I did a search for it and I thought this thread was in the Canada forum only. Sorry
Welcome to BE

Nothing to be sorry about...there maybe someone on here who can help you but I think you'll get a better response on the other forum.

BTW it's a good idea to pack generous quantities of all the food you like...as long as it's foodstuff allowed into Canada. I am in T.O. at the moment and you can buy quite a few British goodies in the supermarkets...plus there are speciality shops here and there. It's cool, grey and rainy here today.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 10:01 pm
Pamela 1

Pamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura about

I have just found a Marmite and Cheese loaf recipe on Fleischmans bread website. Sounds weird, but the picture looks OK. This recipe is a tribute to Marmite's 100th anniversary.

Husband is a Marmite nut and I have only a tablespoon left in the jar which is just enough to make a loaf, but that means he will have to wait 6 weeks before we get some more in UK when we visit, 'cos I sure am not buying anymore here at the moment, will wait and get some at half the cost and bring back. So either I make a loaf now or wait until we get back. We'll see.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 11:43 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I found a recipe for the scrolls that I'm addicted to:

http://www.vegemite.com.au/index.cfm...akfast.Welcome

Will definitely be making these back in Blighty.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImLivingTheDream
British culture? What's that?
Twas what I was mulling over

And someone has an obsession over it .... ......obsession over WHAT ????

LUUUURVE Marmite, it's Lush , Vegemite's Lush too

Last edited by Mally Lass; Jul 15th 2007 at 11:49 pm. Reason: Foooking Spelling again !!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of

If you live in Spain it is a must to eat Marmite it keeps the mossies at bay. For some reason they stay away from you & won't bite you.

Wendy x
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy Nesbeth
If you live in Spain it is a must to eat Marmite it keeps the mossies at bay. For some reason they stay away from you & won't bite you...........
.....because eating Marmite, expells Yeast from your pores, which the Mozzies don't like
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:46 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kez81
I love vegemite never tried marmite does it taste the same??

kezx
So does marmite taste like vegemite????

kezx
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:33 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
So does marmite taste like vegemite????

kezx
More or less.

Marmite doesn't keep dropbears at bay, though.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:24 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
Last night I was doing my grocery shopping in Publix and wandered to the ethnic food section for my usual fix of British chocolate, and there was a young girl who worked there talking to another lady.

Turns out they were mother and daughter, and the daughter had a longing to go to England as she was obsessed with British culture. We started talking about the food in the store, and the mother picked up a jar of Marmite, and asked me what it tasted like and if it was nice. My face automatically scrunched up with a look of disgust, and the daughter started laughing, as she'd heard about the "love it or hate it" thing. I almost told the woman it tasted like shit, but then I realized I didn't know her, and it would be rude to say that, so I just said I didn't like it.

S'funny, I used to love the stuff on toast, but I woke up one day and nearly threw up when I ate some, and haven't touched it since!
I also think marmite tastes like sh*t, looks like sh*t too.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tootsie Frickensprinkles
Someone else with the ryevita thing
There is a ryvita factory about 2 miles away from us and it smells gorgeous if the wind blows our way! Not so keen on eating them though.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 4:20 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I also think marmite tastes like sh*t, looks like sh*t too.
I thought I was the only one here who doesn't like it judging by the amount of posts supporting it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.