Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

made up to be back home!!!

made up to be back home!!!

Old Jun 8th 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default made up to be back home!!!

Sorry for not posting before but things been manic!
Anyway, got back three weeks ago and have never been happier after seven months of hell in Brisbane. Totally have made the right decision in coming back and am so happy (as still very stressed trying to find houses to buy as prices gone mad even in the time we've been away).
Flight home with etihad not good, small seats (even busienss class special deal), but at seven months pregnant with two toddlers wasn't going to be easy! anyway got back to sunny Heathrow.
Best things about being back
seeing the kids play in the parks during the day with no humidity and fresh dry air!! and not having to wait till half four pm till it gets cooler!
seeing the sheep and cows in the fields around windsor, sparrows, letting my little girl pick up house spiders and ants and not being afraid they were going to bite her
Not looking under the bedclothes every night for spiders!
seeing their faces when they saw their grandparents, little friends they'd missed.
Tescos, sainsbury's asda..shops etc.
Fantastic light summer nights!
Not having four minute showers or hardly flushing the loo!
Feeling like I belong and not an outsider whenever I open my mouth.
Pets made it back safely to their quarantine bless them and we visit them ever week. Would highly recommend Dogtainers for getting them back. Very efficient.
Used Crown to ship our stuff back, going into storage as we're renting short term fully furnished while we look to buy.
To all those who are still stuck out there and wanting to come home, it's so worth it, jsut keep chins up as honestly when you're back, oz seems just like a bad nightmare. Thanks to all those who helped in my homesickness and feeling for all of you still out there. Lots of love and luck to all of you x
Old Jun 8th 2007, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

englishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: made up to be back home!!!

so youre kids havent been abducted,you havent been mugged or burgled in the three whole weeks youve been back???? things are looking up then !
glad its going well for you.
does it feel weird to be back ,or does it just feel like youve had a long holiday?
Old Jun 9th 2007, 12:43 am
bjw
Forum Regular

bjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nice

glad you are happy hope it all works out well for you!
BJW
Old Jun 9th 2007, 2:53 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Great post.
All the best back in UK.
Friends of mine went back 6 weeks ago and they said exactly the same as you. I just can't wait to get home
Old Jun 9th 2007, 12:02 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!! What planet have I been on - I had no idea you were going back!!!!!!
After all the probs with the pooch!?????
Can't imagine how you must feel after all that's happened since you left the UK.
I'm in shock still.
But just glad to hear your happy and well, and BOTH your pooches are on home soil again.

*pearly*
Old Jun 9th 2007, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

So glad for you!! lets hope you find your "home" soon
Old Jun 9th 2007, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear, I was worried about you over there...you sounded how I felt too ! Life is grand again isn't it
Old Jun 10th 2007, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishrose
so youre kids havent been abducted,you havent been mugged or burgled in the three whole weeks youve been back???? things are looking up then !
glad its going well for you.
does it feel weird to be back ,or does it just feel like youve had a long holiday?
hiya! nope, touch wood!! although I have seriously dented the wallet by shopping!!! (don't know if that counts as mugging my husband?!!).
Feels strange but lovely to be back as things the same but we appreciate them so much more and no way long holiday as sheer amount of stress of emigrating twice in seven months argh. Just glad to be home and just doesn't seem like we really lived in oz (thank god!)xx
Old Jun 10th 2007, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seasprite
Great to hear, I was worried about you over there...you sounded how I felt too ! Life is grand again isn't it
defo! life feels as if it's begun again, and not on hold and miserable! I read your posts on being back when over in oz and so wanted to be back too. x
Old Jun 10th 2007, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
So glad for you!! lets hope you find your "home" soon
Thanks so much, am so happy to be back!
Old Jun 10th 2007, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
OMG!! What planet have I been on - I had no idea you were going back!!!!!!
After all the probs with the pooch!?????
Can't imagine how you must feel after all that's happened since you left the UK.
I'm in shock still.
But just glad to hear your happy and well, and BOTH your pooches are on home soil again.

*pearly*
I know! hate putting the poor dogs through quarantine (and the cats) but at least they're togther and look healthy and well touch wood when we see them every sunday. They've been in quarantine a month already so only another three argh to go but at least its cooler for them as they really suffered in the heat and hopefully they can have a life again and we can walk them more when out without fear of snakes, paralysis ticks etc!
Old Jun 10th 2007, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liver bird
Sorry for not posting before but things been manic!
Anyway, got back three weeks ago and have never been happier after seven months of hell in Brisbane. Totally have made the right decision in coming back and am so happy (as still very stressed trying to find houses to buy as prices gone mad even in the time we've been away).
Flight home with etihad not good, small seats (even busienss class special deal), but at seven months pregnant with two toddlers wasn't going to be easy! anyway got back to sunny Heathrow.
Best things about being back
seeing the kids play in the parks during the day with no humidity and fresh dry air!! and not having to wait till half four pm till it gets cooler!
seeing the sheep and cows in the fields around windsor, sparrows, letting my little girl pick up house spiders and ants and not being afraid they were going to bite her
Not looking under the bedclothes every night for spiders!
seeing their faces when they saw their grandparents, little friends they'd missed.
Tescos, sainsbury's asda..shops etc.
Fantastic light summer nights!
Feeling like I belong and not an outsider whenever I open my mouth.
Pets made it back safely to their quarantine bless them and we visit them ever week. Would highly recommend Dogtainers for getting them back. Very efficient.
Used Crown to ship our stuff back, going into storage as we're renting short term fully furnished while we look to buy.
To all those who are still stuck out there and wanting to come home, it's so worth it, jsut keep chins up as honestly when you're back, oz seems just like a bad nightmare. Thanks to all those who helped in my homesickness and feeling for all of you still out there. Lots of love and luck to all of you x
Cool, seems like lots going back are happy with the decison. Nice to see updates.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

This I can relate to. After 3 years on tank water the kids had so much fun playing in the water sprinkler yesterday.

Pleased to hear that all is going good for you
Old Jun 12th 2007, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

KatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond repute

I know! hate putting the poor dogs through quarantine (and the cats) but at least they're togther and look healthy and well touch wood when we see them every sunday. They've been in quarantine a month already so only another three argh to go but at least its cooler for them as they really suffered in the heat and hopefully they can have a life again and we can walk them more when out without fear of snakes, paralysis ticks etc!
Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you in Oz, think we went around the same time last year and we brought cats as well. Do they have to stay four months in quarantine ? Thought if you had all the paperwork they would not stay there at all or only a month or so.

Anyway, wish you all the best and hope you settle in well again.
Take care

Katie
Old Jun 12th 2007, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KatieLilly
Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you in Oz, think we went around the same time last year and we brought cats as well. Do they have to stay four months in quarantine ? Thought if you had all the paperwork they would not stay there at all or only a month or so.

Anyway, wish you all the best and hope you settle in well again.
Take care

Katie
Hiya! Yes four months We stupidly didn't get their rabies jabs for pet passports before we left (thinking we'd never return), you have to wait a month after the jab for the blood test and date is from blood test so it's four months, so hard but harder on the dogs. I cried all the time during the visit on sunday, just wanted to put them under my coat and run... praying the time goes quickly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.