losing hope...

Old May 21st 2014, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: losing hope...

What brilliant advice you are getting in this difficult situation.

I will just add one thing as the adult child of split parents.

I so appreciate the way my mother, although she had plenty she could have legitimately said against him, did not say bad stuff about my father, and tried to encourage me to keep seeing him. (I was angry with him, because I knew she was, and wouldn't come down from my room when he visited, etc).

"Whatever has happened between us," she would say, "he is still your father."

And eventually our relationship did improve. Of course that is also because he worked at it and wanted it to.
Old May 21st 2014, 8:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livingforwards View Post

If I were to do the divorce again I would have packed the kids up and brought them back to the UK while still legally married and before anything was written and signed to say I couldn't do that..
Terrible advice. You could still face abduction charges, they aren't there just for divorced parents.
Old May 22nd 2014, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone and Kmam for that lengthy personal experience. I do think of the children's welfare all the time. But I can't help but think that an isolated, broke, homesick Mother who lives in fear of getting sick and or losing her income is not going to be a good Mother. I'm going to try my best to be the best Mother I can but it won't be easy.
Old May 22nd 2014, 12:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Terrible advice. You could still face abduction charges, they aren't there just for divorced parents.

Correct. Plus, the border agents could ask for a consent letter notarised by a lawyer / some other competent agency from the non-traveling parent to ensure you are not abducting the children out of the country. Best not do that, to anyone else reading this thread.
Old May 22nd 2014, 12:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

And good luck to you Karrie, I echo most of the replies already posted... Hang in there!
Old May 22nd 2014, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Its wonderful to see such great help for this dear Lady...

NiHao, I loved your post, Great advice,

K mams, I could tell you really know what you are talking about, that was brilliant advice in so many ways, you made such alot of sense.

Kins, what a lovely invitation , Very Kind...

I have nothing to add as the advice given is rock solid, If I was Karrie I would follow the advice of these recent posters.
Old May 22nd 2014, 1:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The OP as requested that this thread is closed.