The long sad trip home

Old May 27th 2012, 8:57 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The long sad trip home

So sorry Frank, thoughts with you and yours. Have a safe journey
Old May 27th 2012, 9:03 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jemima55
I`m afraid I`m in this boat as well. Flew back last week as my sister (10 years my junior) has terminal liver cancer. Last thing I ever expected! She has teenage sons so its all pretty awful. We were moving back to the UK in August anyway, so may just be staying till then. Commiserations to everyone else in this situation!
Very sorry
Old May 27th 2012, 9:08 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear this, Frank. Have a safe trip and all the best to you and your Mum.
Old May 27th 2012, 10:50 pm
Some Where in the Desert

AZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hear the news, safe travels
Old May 28th 2012, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

Very sorry for you and your family, hugs
Old May 28th 2012, 1:13 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Very sad news. Thoughts are with you.
Old May 28th 2012, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys thanks for all the thoughts, prayers & wishes.

Guess start out, saying for those that remember the saga of the broken hip, 2010. Read on:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=685238

I got a rtn ticket 5/26-6/19, jumped, on plane Sat eve arrived LHR, Sun 8am + 2 hour fuel leak delay = 10 am. Picked up car drove 70 miles to the hospital, mother just had little lunch she asked for it, looked frail, breathing hard and disorientated but not looking like going to the other world. By today, one eye 10% vision, the other removed, legally deaf, can't get out of bed, but recovering somewhat. Kidneys, Creatin back to normal. Breathing ok.

Just spent 5 hours with her, very difficult to communicate, from Sun, to this afternoon, she actually did not know my brothers and i were there. Did not know us.

Just spoke to Doctor that said was all over, he said "Her lips were blue, breathing erratic, refusing oxygen, meds or food, body going into toxic shock, X-ray did not show ribs just foggy white, 96 yr olds or younger people can't survive that". He does not know what to say, actually putting her back on meds. But we shall see what next few days brings, she is a bag of bones.

$1600 return fare, $725 car rental, staying with brothers (UGH), I will look to Sun/Mon see if can go home early. Head is spinning, I was typing on Netbook 120pt, yellow background blue font, she read my name, Eureka "Frank". She did not know she was in hospital or how she got there. That’s why screaming for the police.

Sorry for the drama. Stressed is the understatement of the year.

Reg. Frank
Old May 28th 2012, 9:10 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre

Guess start out, saying for those that remember the saga of the broken hip, 2010. Read on:

I got a rtn ticket 5/26-6/19, jumped, on plane Sat eve arrived LHR, Sun 8am + 2 hour fuel leak delay = 10 am. Picked up car drove 70 miles to the hospital, mother just had little lunch she asked for it, looked frail, breathing hard and disorientated but not looking like going to the other world. By today, one eye 10% vision, the other removed, legally deaf, can't get out of bed, but recovering somewhat. Kidneys, Creatin back to normal. Breathing ok.

Just spent 5 hours with her, very difficult to communicate, from Sun, to this afternoon, she actually did not know my brothers and i were there. Did not know us.

Just spoke to Doctor that said was all over, he said "Her lips were blue, breathing erratic, refusing oxygen, meds or food, body going into toxic shock, X-ray did not show ribs just foggy white, 96 yr olds or younger people can't survive that". He does not know what to say, actually putting her back on meds. But we shall see what next few days brings, she is a bag of bones.

$1600 return fare, $725 car rental, staying with brothers (UGH), I will look to Sun/Mon see if can go home early. Head is spinning, I was typing on Netbook 120pt, yellow background blue font, she read my name, Eureka "Frank". She did not know she was in hospital or how she got there. That’s why screaming for the police.

Reg. Frank
Bless Frank, no apologies needed........
Old May 28th 2012, 9:14 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Reg. Frank
Incredibly stressful. I remember feeling the same, when I went back for Dad, 2 1/2 years ago. I feel for you Frank - stay strong.
Old May 28th 2012, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Reg. Frank
Wow Frank, she is one very strong lady!

Take care matexx
Old May 28th 2012, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Bless Frank, no apologies needed........

Thanks Cindy.

Just as I was leaving her room, she said "If I had not gone shopping, on the bus "94 yrs old", this all would never have happened"

Frank
Old May 28th 2012, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks guys, we shall see what tomorrow brings.

Reg. Frank
Old May 28th 2012, 9:51 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

All the best to your mum, you, and your family, Frank. So many of us here understand what you are going through and send good thoughts as you deal with the toughest part of being an ex-pat.
Old May 28th 2012, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
All the best to your mum, you, and your family, Frank. So many of us here understand what you are going through and send good thoughts as you deal with the toughest part of being an ex-pat.
Thanks Nutmeggar.

I vote they should make this a 101, class on family loved ones growing old. They should make us take it, before they give Visa's GC & Citizenship.

This makes all the other Expat annoyances seem silly, insignificant

Reg. Frank R.

Last edited by frrussre; May 28th 2012 at 10:14 pm. Reason: Half asleep hit send, silly me.
Old May 28th 2012, 10:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nutmeggar.

I vote they should make this a 101, class on family loved ones growing old. They should make us take it, before they give Visa's GC & Citizenship.

This makes all the other Expat annoyances seem silly, insignificant

Reg. Frank R.
Too true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.