Wikiposts

London Sightsee List

Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Sightsee List

Rainforest cafe is fabulous....but very expensive, in my opinion. We went there shortly before my hubby moved over to NZ in Feb this year, meeting up with a few friends and their children to say goodbye. The cafe was busy, and, probably because of the busy-ness, we felt that the staff were a bit rushed and under pressure, and the bill came as a bit of a shock, I can't remember how much exactly but definitely required a huge gulp before we handed over the credit card. I wouldn't have minded but we hardly drank any alcohol which is what usually bumps the price up, & my daughter had had a kids meal.
I'm sure it didn't used to be that expensive....we'd been before & we definitely didn't feel as shocked by the bill that time.
Great atmosphere though.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 2:25 am
Pamela 1

Pamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura about

Bevm, so far so good. Weather in Dorset has been very good October and thus far, but lately cold winds most days. Going colder at the weekend. Enjoying life so far walking along clifftop and down on the seafront. Enjoying the enormous variety in food they get here.

Think we'll go up to London for a couple of days and go again for longer next year.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: London Sightsee List

Originally Posted by Tomsk
Rainforest cafe is fabulous....but very expensive, in my opinion. We went there shortly before my hubby moved over to NZ in Feb this year, meeting up with a few friends and their children to say goodbye. The cafe was busy, and, probably because of the busy-ness, we felt that the staff were a bit rushed and under pressure, and the bill came as a bit of a shock, I can't remember how much exactly but definitely required a huge gulp before we handed over the credit card. I wouldn't have minded but we hardly drank any alcohol which is what usually bumps the price up, & my daughter had had a kids meal.
I'm sure it didn't used to be that expensive....we'd been before & we definitely didn't feel as shocked by the bill that time.
Great atmosphere though.
The prices are on the menu i think which is online....
Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: London Sightsee List

Originally Posted by Celtic Princess
Not much I'm afraid, apart from offices, offices and more offices.
Oh dear! Flea will be dissapointed no Gherkins lol......................
Old Nov 21st 2008, 10:36 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pamela 1
Bevm, so far so good. Weather in Dorset has been very good October and thus far, but lately cold winds most days. Going colder at the weekend. Enjoying life so far walking along clifftop and down on the seafront. Enjoying the enormous variety in food they get here.

Think we'll go up to London for a couple of days and go again for longer next year.
And your general impressions of day to day living in England in comparison to Canada? That may be an impossible question! Cost of living?

Bev