Locator Form UK travel

Old Aug 22nd 2021, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Locator Form UK travel

Exactly as tdrinker says, you’re allowed to travel to the store to do your Day 5 test - the Boots website explains the process. Tdrinker - good to hear you got the result so quickly with Boots.
I booked our tests on Thursday and I’ve today received an email from Royal Mail to say they’re on their way. You have to book the Day 2 and 8 package before your flight - you’ll need their reference number to complete your passenger locator form and I don’t think you can board without the code that provides.
I did see a comment elsewhere from someone who only decided to book the Day 5 test once they were in the UK because of a change in circumstances and they were able to update the locator form at that time to reflect that change so that could be useful to know.
Some of it does seem like a moneymaker and to discourage travel, rather than a necessary test.
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

reading_1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you once again for your inputs. Probably the last question. I am trying to register my details at Boots Covid Testing Services. (recova-19.com). My son is travelling with me. Should I register him separately or can I include him as family member.

Also, on the Locator Form, do I need to submit two separate forms or can I include my son's details in the same form.

I would appreciate your response.
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reading_1979 View Post
Thank you once again for your inputs. Probably the last question. I am trying to register my details at Boots Covid Testing Services. (recova-19.com). My son is travelling with me. Should I register him separately or can I include him as family member.

Also, on the Locator Form, do I need to submit two separate forms or can I include my son's details in the same form.

I would appreciate your response.
I’ve also registered with Boots - there was advice on who could be counted as a family member on the site so I’ve included my husband. Regarding the form, I think you need one per individual but I haven’t been able to do ours yet as I don’t fly until Thursday
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

tdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-c...fore-travel-uk

If you’re travelling with other people

Each adult must complete their own form.

You can include someone under 18 years old who is travelling with you on your form, if you are staying together at the same UK address.
Old Aug 25th 2021, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks once again. I need urgent help on a last moment change in travel plan impacting my COVID Test already booked. The tests are booked for specific travel date. If I postpose the date by couple of days, is there any way that I can change the test details. The covid booking has generated reference number for a specific travel date, and I don't think the same reference can be used for a different travel date.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 25th 2021, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

tdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't sound like a problem as you can complete the tests on the correct days.

There's a helpline if you want confirmation:

Passenger locator form helpline
Telephone: 0800 678 1767
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Old Aug 25th 2021, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you tdrinker. I called that number and they confirmed that I can use the same tests. I also called Boots, and they informed that the travel details can be update in the website.

All sorted!!! Really appreciate your help.
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Apologies for coming back to this post again. We are flying to the UK on Monday (4th October). Have completed the Locator Form using the Boots COVID 19 Test reference number. However, I have unable to include my son's test reference number. There is no field to include another test reference. As per the new rules from the 4th October, my son, who is 10 years old, is required to take Day 2. I have his test reference number but there is nowhere to include the reference in the form.

Any similar experience or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Helen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you not just do a separate locator form for your son? Does he have his own passport?
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by reading_1979 View Post
Apologies for coming back to this post again. We are flying to the UK on Monday (4th October). Have completed the Locator Form using the Boots COVID 19 Test reference number. However, I have unable to include my son's test reference number. There is no field to include another test reference. As per the new rules from the 4th October, my son, who is 10 years old, is required to take Day 2. I have his test reference number but there is nowhere to include the reference in the form.

Any similar experience or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
I wonder if you actually need it on the form, as long as you have the evidence you’ve booked it, as you have. Will the process generate a code at the end just using your Boots reference number? That was all Air Canada looked at when we flew a month ago, along with checking our negative test results. We were the opposite to you - had separate forms but both covered by the same Boots reference number.
I don’t know though if the system is sophisticated enough to realise that your Boots reference number only covers one passenger? If not, and you’re challenged about it, you have the evidence that you’ve arranged the test as required - to my mind, the system is there to pull the necessary info together and make checking on the day efficient and fast - the fact you can’t enter all the info isn’t your fault because of how it’s set up.

Last edited by Twitcher1958; Oct 2nd 2021 at 11:34 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 1:20 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I have another question about the form and the changes to the rules from October 4. I’m flying to England later in the week, October 7. A pre-flight COVID test is no longer needed from October 4. Is that something that has to be entered on the Locator Form, and if so, can I be confident that it’ll be changed or removed after October 4?
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
I have another question about the form and the changes to the rules from October 4. I’m flying to England later in the week, October 7. A pre-flight COVID test is no longer needed from October 4. Is that something that has to be entered on the Locator Form, and if so, can I be confident that it’ll be changed or removed after October 4?
From memory, I don’t think it’s needed on the form. We did the form on the Tuesday evening, which generated the QR code, did the antigen test on Wednesday and flew on Thursday. At the airport, she checked the code and the test results we had printed off separately, before allowing us to check in.
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 1:58 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twitcher1958 View Post
From memory, I don’t think it’s needed on the form. We did the form on the Tuesday evening, which generated the QR code, did the antigen test on Wednesday and flew on Thursday. At the airport, she checked the code and the test results we had printed off separately, before allowing us to check in.
Thanks! Hopefully, by Thursday, United Airlines will know that a recent COVID test result is no longer required to go to England.
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Suggest printing the rules to show them and making a note of the link to the government website so they can check themselves, just in case.
Old Oct 5th 2021, 12:41 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
Thanks! Hopefully, by Thursday, United Airlines will know that a recent COVID test result is no longer required to go to England.
Originally Posted by tdrinker View Post
Suggest printing the rules to show them and making a note of the link to the government website so they can check themselves, just in case.
Yesterday, United sent me a checklist of things to do before checking in. It showed that they’d already taken on board the change in the UK entry requirements. I was prompted to upload an image of my CDC vaccination card, then type in the details of the vaccination card, then it provided a link to the British Passenger Locator form. Seemed very efficient I thought.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.