Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Living in NT, Australia thinking about returning to UK - complicated

Living in NT, Australia thinking about returning to UK - complicated

Old Jun 26th 2015, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in NT, Australia thinking about returning to UK - complicated

Good Luck with your journey onwards! You haven't mentioned, though, the biggie for people wanting to leave Aus with their kids though - will their dad let them go? If he says no then the Family Court won't allow them to leave and you're stuck until they are beyond the jurisdiction of the court.

Cambridgeshire is still beautiful in its flat way!
Old Jun 26th 2015, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Threeblessings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in NT, Australia thinking about returning to UK - complicated

Originally Posted by quoll
Good Luck with your journey onwards! You haven't mentioned, though, the biggie for people wanting to leave Aus with their kids though - will their dad let them go? If he says no then the Family Court won't allow them to leave and you're stuck until they are beyond the jurisdiction of the court.

Cambridgeshire is still beautiful in its flat way!
It's unlikely he will let them go. I don't exactly know why I want to leave??? My mother lives in Wales and we aren't close like most daughter/mother relationships. I did find out a few days ago that there is an over supply of teachers in Australia and an under supply in the UK????
Old Jun 26th 2015, 5:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Threeblessings
It's unlikely he will let them go. I don't exactly know why I want to leave??? My mother lives in Wales and we aren't close like most daughter/mother relationships. I did find out a few days ago that there is an over supply of teachers in Australia and an under supply in the UK????
Yup, teaching in Aus is no sinecure but NT might be easier than most other states. If he won't let them go, you've got Buckleys of persuading the Family Court to let them go unfortunately! Hope there can be some compromise!
Old Jun 27th 2015, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Threeblessings
There is an under supply of experienced teachers with a good few years of solid classroom experience. From so far one would have to be able to document that experience convincingly.

For some reason (opinions vary) many newly qualified teachers simply don't work out and leave the vocation after a year or three.
Old Jun 27th 2015, 3:43 am
Just Joined

Threeblessings is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by holly_1948
There is an under supply of experienced teachers with a good few years of solid classroom experience. From so far one would have to be able to document that experience convincingly.

For some reason (opinions vary) many newly qualified teachers simply don't work out and leave the vocation after a year or three.
I hope the latter will not be me. I'm pushing myself to finish a four-year degree in 3 years or less! I'm nearly half way and still dedicated to this career choice so I don't want this all to be for nothing!