liverpool?

Old Aug 19th 2018, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

djamila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default liverpool?

hello....
anyone can give me some advice on moving to liverpool? most people i know are living south and all of them say it's a bad idea to consider liverpool because of city reputation, poverty, low salaries.....
BUT since i work in logistics, it seems a good option for me.
also the rent prices are interesting, the diversity of the population too and i must say, i fell in love with the city from what i have read on internet!

thanks!
Old Aug 20th 2018, 9:32 am
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: liverpool?

I live in South Lancs, so not too far from Liverpool in the grand scheme of things. Like any city, it has it’s issues and rough spots but it also has some really nice suburbs and the city centre and waterfront areas are are stunningly nice these days.

There are also outlying areas in Cheshire, Sefton, South Lancashire and The Wirral that are quite nice and commutable. I certainly wouldn’t dismiss Liverpool out of hand.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crofty82
I live in South Lancs, so not too far from Liverpool in the grand scheme of things. Like any city, it has it’s issues and rough spots but it also has some really nice suburbs and the city centre and waterfront areas are are stunningly nice these days.

There are also outlying areas in Cheshire, Sefton, South Lancashire and The Wirral that are quite nice and commutable. I certainly wouldn’t dismiss Liverpool out of hand.
hi, thanks! new brighton seems to me very interesting...but can you pls inicate some places to avoid? i have 3 young kids, so security, easy access to transport and schools, and surrounding is important.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 1:11 pm

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute

I know that Toxteth is still very deprived, as are the areas around Liverpool and Everton’s grounds. Anywhere off Edge Lane, which is the main road between the M62 and the city centre is a bit rough also. Runcorn and Widnes are also not that nice.

Your correct that New Brighton is on the up and up, and the Wallasey waterfront has been completely redeveloped also. Heswall and West Kirkby are also very nice but a little pricey. Cheshire-wise, Lymm and Stockton Heath are gorgeous but again you won’t get much for your money.

A cheaper option that is still very nice are the areas around the Lancs/Merseyside border like Ormskirk and Burscough, and of course Southport. All have nice town centres with a bit of a ‘scene’ and are 30 mins drive from Liverpool.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crofty82
I know that Toxteth is still very deprived, as are the areas around Liverpool and Everton’s grounds. Anywhere off Edge Lane, which is the main road between the M62 and the city centre is a bit rough also. Runcorn and Widnes are also not that nice.

Your correct that New Brighton is on the up and up, and the Wallasey waterfront has been completely redeveloped also. Heswall and West Kirkby are also very nice but a little pricey. Cheshire-wise, Lymm and Stockton Heath are gorgeous but again you won’t get much for your money.

A cheaper option that is still very nice are the areas around the Lancs/Merseyside border like Ormskirk and Burscough, and of course Southport. All have nice town centres with a bit of a ‘scene’ and are 30 mins drive from Liverpool.

hi, any opinion on birkenhead? seems easily commutable from /to liverpool...but i had one/two negative echos...

also i am considering manchester might be a good idea as the villages surrounding seem nice for families and almos same price as liverpool
Old Oct 1st 2018, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by djamila
hi, any opinion on birkenhead? seems easily commutable from /to liverpool...but i had one/two negative echos...

also i am considering manchester might be a good idea as the villages surrounding seem nice for families and almos same price as liverpool
Birkenhead is definitely easily commutable to Liverpool through the tunnel but I am afraid that's all I know about it, other than it does seem to be somewhat more deprived than the other areas I mentioned.

There are loads of nice towns and villages that are easily commutable into Manchester. Or there's always Warrington, which is half way between the two.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I really like Liverpool, (that's not an easy thing for a mancunian to admit to, only joking..lol) it's on the waterfront, great shopping, ferry's iver to Ireland and the IOM, some impressive architecture, great shops, museums etc. Some of the suburbs are a but rough around the edges, which cuty does not have those? We looked on the Wirral and liked Heswall, west kirby, neston, over M56, helsby and frodsham are good and close to Chester. Liverpool itself, moseley hill? ( we use to visit when are oldest was at university nearby) Crosby, woolton and gateacre ( a friend use to live there) heading away Liverpool, ormskirk, Appleton and stretton are nice areas. There are also some very nice areas subs of chester if commuting is not really an issue. Good luck
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brits1
Hi, I really like Liverpool, (that's not an easy thing for a mancunian to admit to, only joking..lol) it's on the waterfront, great shopping, ferry's iver to Ireland and the IOM, some impressive architecture, great shops, museums etc. Some of the suburbs are a but rough around the edges, which cuty does not have those? We looked on the Wirral and liked Heswall, west kirby, neston, over M56, helsby and frodsham are good and close to Chester. Liverpool itself, moseley hill? ( we use to visit when are oldest was at university nearby) Crosby, woolton and gateacre ( a friend use to live there) heading away Liverpool, ormskirk, Appleton and stretton are nice areas. There are also some very nice areas subs of chester if commuting is not really an issue. Good luck
thanks!!! i kind of fell in love with liverpool without knowing it...dont know why but cant live far from the sea and i dont want to lve in a posh area...i prefer something simple, the north seem to have that spirit.
mot important points are commute to liverpool, or commute to manchester depending on our final choice, that's linked to logistics jobs...and second important point is family life.

i will look into these places! thanks